“I just loved everything about the place!”

K.Y.N. Muay Thai Gym
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
More attraction details
Owner description: KYN Muay Thai Gym is located on the beautiful paradise island of Koh Yao Noi, just half an hour by speedboat from Phuket or Krabi in the Andaman region of Southern Thailand. KYN Muay Thai Gym offers professional Muay Thai training with our head trainer, Thailand superstar Hlukhin, a 10 times boxing and Muay Thai champion. Hlukhin and his team of trainers are all very talented and dedicated professionals and provide our students with intense, genuine Thai- style training. Our classes are small and individual attention is guaranteed.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed there for about a month and experienced just awesome training. The trainers are all just great, they are very dedicated and really want you to learn and to progress! Besides that they are all super nice and take care of you if you need any help. Also we had kind of a family feeling with the trainers the students and the people from the restaurant! I had an awesome time and can only recommend this place a lot, specially after I heard from other people about other Gyms in Thailand I think that's one of the best you can go to!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was one of 5 English girls that arrived at K.Y.N Muay Thai Gym with no knowledge about the accommodation or training. Staff and guests were warm and friendly and helped us settle in instantly. We were encouraged to give Muay Thai boxing a go so booked private lessons. The instruction is very high and the trainers were inclusive and encouraging to 5 complete beginners. The staff were amazing when helping us plan boat trips, ferries and taxis and the food was incredible. K.Y.N gym was the highlight of our travels and we would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax, train and see one of the most beautiful island that belongs to Thailand.

2  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My son, who is a black belt in tae kwon do and karate decided to have a one hour lesson, when we were passing on the bikes. He loved it, and thought the standard of training was incredibly high. Although it was only an hour and the sport is very different to his other disciplines, he learned very quickly with some excellent tuition from his teacher. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The instruction here is very high, every error you make will be corrected. This is a good thing! The gym is small and with not many students you don't feel like just a number. All the instructors are great guys.

The island is undeveloped, remote and isolated. You will probably need a scooter. I think I felt glad to return to some of the hustle and bustle by the end of my stay but yet I would still return!

The restaurant is very cheap and great quality. It is a very friendly atmosphere and everyone chills watching movies during downtime.

The rooms are basic but adequate and cleaned every day. The shower could do with a bit more oomph but this is probably true of every thai shower I had! The view from just about everywhere is great, even in the monsoon!

3  Thank paulriggers
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just spent 7 days on Ko Yao Noi staying and training at KYN Muay Thai.

I've trained Muay Thai for about a year and a half back home in Vancouver, so had a really good grasp on a lot of the technique and sparing, but was looking for an authentic Thai experience training, and that's certainly what I found. The classes are super intense. The trainers (3 in total for our group of 8) took the time to give individual attention to each participant. They do not let you slack on technique. This is not for fitness. They want you to learn as will drill it into you until you learn!

Don't let this dissuade beginners! There were 2 in our group and they learned very quickly in the environment.

Training was twice a day at 8am and 5pm, with an optional run before the morning session.

Sessions included warm up, shadow boxing to enforce technique, then various partner sparing (light contact) and finally 1-1 with a trainer to hit the pads hard!

The hotel attached to the gym is clean and has a nice pool. The restaurant there has a special Muay Thai menu with dishes for 100 baht.

We ended up eating about 90% of our meals there and the food was really good! Large portions for hungry fighters.

The 'lounge' outside the gym is where we all hang out. It's an open air concept, where we eat, watch TV, and use the free wifi.

Overall, an amazing experience. Learned more in my 7 days here than several weeks of training back home.

The island is small, undeveloped but beautiful. 5-6 great restaurants in town. Rent a scooter and do a lap! Nice empty beaches and anything else you might need: ATM, 7-11, post office etc!

Enjoy!