“DO NOT SAY HERE ... Rude overpriced and old” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Resort Koh Yao Noi

Holiday Resort Koh Yao Noi
Ranked #4 of 7 Ko Yao Noi B&B and Inns
“DO NOT SAY HERE ... Rude overpriced and old”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, paid 45 USD from booking.com due to high season. The hotel staff aren't smiling like the rest of the island, they are rude. they wanted all nights pay up front. We paid them 3 nights up front, they insisted we pay all nights Same day found places for 25$/ night but that was my fault for booking online to guarantee a room. The hotel never cleaned our room first 3 nights, but I saw them clean many others, the third day I told them please clean my room, I'm paying 45$ atleast do your job, they forgot and I got back to my room by nighttime to find it the same way. I went back to conplain, 1 hour later (10pm) they came to clean the room. Horrible service, especially during high season I suppose. This place is far from a "resort" . It's also a known hostel for north Asians and they were there in a group of 40 pple. Not a place for globetrotters. The rooms are old. something I usually paid 15$-20$ for during my 3 months stay in SOuth East Asia. The only good thing is that it's located in front of a ok beach, but you'd need a motorbike to see the nicer ones, they wanted to charge me 350B for a motorbike, I found one 15 minutes away for 200B, when I came back and told them they didn't care so I rented the one down the road. The third day I saw them bringing people from the pier, and I had seen they ha d a pickup to transport people, so I asked the owner if they could drop us at the pier (150B-200B by taxi) for free cause we were there for 4 nights, she had said yes.

As you can except the last day we packed our bags and had our included breakfast( which is 2 eggs and bread and jam, juice, was ok) and hopped in the truck, the owners son told us he couldn't go, he was busy, and said please take a taxi.... I told him the owner had agreed to take us, he didn't care walked away frustrated and told us to deal with it, I tried to explain but he had changed the rules and told us go by yourself, he had no care about us or our boat schedule, he said he was understaffed and he had no time. Fuming I left in search of the owner, found her in the kitchen and told her I just want to catch my boat...: you had agreed to bring us to the pier, so she called her son who finally put his pride aside and brought us. The whole experience was a disaster, it was the most expensive/worst accommodating hotel I had stayed in during my 4 month trip.

The rooms are in front of a pond that is dirty and full of garbage, the room looked to the ocean that was beautiful but the view is spoiled by 2 rotting golf carts in the field. There is a garbage bin ouside but they never empty it, it was overflowing with garbage. If I had paid 15$ a night I'd expect this kind of thing. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here, further down the road there are some bungalows for cheaper and with great bars by the ocean. I'd only suggest this hostel to my enemies....if I had one.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HaigandMarie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

For nature lover,peacefully comfortable, HOLIDA RESORT at long beach ofthe LONG ISLAND(koh youl)
will give you wonderful holiday at most reasonable price. Enjoy yourself with our tailor made service on the beach front of Andaman Sea

• Stayed October 2013
Phuket
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've been going to the Holiday Resort for over 20 years. Over the years, the quality of the experience has varied. The staff has always been nice, though not always on the ball. The rooms are in a constant state of disrepair. Leaking roofs, hot showers that don't work, odd smells, grounds that don't drain at all after a heavy rain, and so on.

The food has always been mediocre at best, which is unacceptable in a country known for its cuisine.

A new owner from Bangkok has taken over. The first thing done was to paint over water damage stains and then raise the rates by over 100%! It's truly not worth half of what is now being charged, especially considering the other accommodation options on Koh Yao Noi.

Room Tip: Saturdays are the noisiest time to be there as there can be large tour groups that party into the ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave W

Travellers are raving about these Ko Yao Noi hotels

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Value price, only location for the beach very good. U can see several islands from bed room. If you want to take a boat to koh hong or bi-rea island for 1 day trip,u can ask at the customer service. Full day trip with 4 island from 9.30am to 3 pm include lunch( fried rice ) and beverage. So much cheaper then other agency from the city like phuket or kabri And driver is a local fisherman can help you for the trip. I totally love this location but uncomfortable in the room. If u r ok with 1 star hotel but 5 star view (like sixth sense 5star hotel) I would recommend here..

Local people in yao noi island are very nice, different from the city like patong, if u r tourist they will charge you 30-50% even though you r Thai.

3 day on Yao noi I'm so in love with it.

Roast chicken with honey, papaya salad and roti with banana in front of koh Yao beach resort I recommend. You will love it

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Agaligo O
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were on a 12 day island-hopping trip in Thailand. We had just taken the ferry from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi. We had booked this resort, in advance, through Agoda. It looked ideal. Beautiful wooden bungalows on stilts, with the sea directly outside the front door. The photos looked perfect. The reality was completely different. The resort was described as the first, the oldest, on the island. A better description would be 'well past its sell-by date'. The chalets were run-down and badly maintained, bird and animal droppings in the bedroom and bathroom. The fridge was old and rusty - especially the shelves, inside. The 'sea' was a stagnant pool, separated from the sea by a retaining wall, with the island's ring-road running across the top. The views of the national park were stunning, but these are obtainable from almost any other resort on the east side. We had booked 3 nights, but decided that we didn't want to stay. We had difficulty finding alternative accommodation nearby - Villaguna and Sabai Corner - until the next night, so we reluctantly stayed for 1 night. We had difficulty cancelling, via Agoda, but eventually Agoda agreed to refund us for the other 2 nights. There's an advertised restaurant, but this is unstaffed, apart from breakfast and we heard, from others, that the resort owners are trying to sell up - hence the lack of enthusiasm from the resident staff. The advertised wi-fi wasn't available either. It's a decent stay, if you're on a budget, but doesn't live up to it's promise on the Agoda web-site.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!! Sabai Corner is just down the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jdelucchi8
Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is my 4rd time in Holiday resort, the hotel is 20 years old but is very very well located in front of Andamanne iland and the bach is also good for swimming.
The bungalow are with air condiction and warm shower but need some rennovation but if you search a nice posistion, good price, quite very quite amibent this is a good place to stay.
You cant ask 4 star hotel service , in the room sometime we had a nice geco stay with us, but everything was good and comfortable.
Also they offer some room with only fan for a very cheapest price and are also nice.
Dinner is better if you order the day before and the breakfast is aslo good but not full breakfast is include in standard price.
I suggest this place if you need good accomodation price not expensive and quite place.
To arrive in Kho yao noi you may take a long tail boat from Thalen Pier price is 150 bath but the try to ask you more becouse you are turist.
THe iland is very nice and quite not for people search disco pub or prostitue.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Six Senses Yao Noi
Six Senses Yao Noi
#1 of 6 in Ko Yao Noi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,701 reviews

Been to Holiday Resort Koh Yao Noi? Share your experiences!