“Great location, average value & service”

Koh Yao Beach Bungalows
queensland
“Great location, average value & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here as a family of 4 in one of the newer concrete air con bungalows. The air con was good & beds comfortable. The bungalow (number 14) we were given backed onto a swamp piled up with plastic bottles & rubbish, you couldn't open the windows on the side as it smelt (not the best location) . There are better located bungalows,bungalows 14 & 15 were the worst placed in my opinion and even though it was low season & not packed the reception wouldn't move us (note poor service). This place however is one of few places that have a swimming beach (at high tide only) directly across the rd, great views & local shops within walking distance.

Breakfast was included as part of the accommodation price & was very very average. We often went across the road to the food shack on the beach. They had great fried rice, banana roti,curries, pancakes & ice coffee all at a reasonable price. There is also a another great restaurant 3 mins walk across the bridge called Rice Paddy, food is superb and not to pricey!

Room Tip: If you are given bungalows 14 or 15 ask to change, both are terribly placed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank megsygirl

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

a group of 6 adults stayed here in 3 bungalows in January,

Really loved the accommodation we had 3 concrete air con bungalows.

Aircon was good and cold, beds were comfortable, bungalows were clean and nicely decorated. The beach is Just across a very quiet road and there's beach food stalls selling very cheap and delicious food which is where we ate rather then the hotel restaurant where the food was rather bland.

great accommodation for the price paid.

I would definately recommend the concrete bungalows with aircon not so sure about the cheaper wooden ones with fan as I didn't see inside them all I can say is their was more than one person staying in the wooden bungalows who wanted to see inside our bungalow when we were packing to leave.

if you are wanting clean and comfortable for an affordable price.

Koh Yao Noi Island itself is fantastic I wish we could have stayed longer. It's away from the masses and gives you a more relaxed non shopping holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank frazzledfozzle
København, Danmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed a little over a week while doing muay thai training at KYN Muay Thai which is within walking distance (about 1 km).

Rooms were ok, bathrooms the same but nothing fancy. For the price it is excelent though.
Internet connection in the restaurant was very good throughout the stay
Location is ok, and you can rent a scooter to get around the island.
For food I would go elsewhere

Room Tip: Get a room close to the restaurant and you may have internet in the room. Also a few of the huts hav...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelAddictDK
Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

This is a beautiful resort, but let me tell you everything in detail.
Here is a very interesting story with a happy ending, read it all.
When I started to pick out a place for my holiday on the island, I looked at all the resorts on the Internet. I wanted at least to stay in a bungalow in the Thai style, live like local. I wanted to experiment and put at least a little in their place. Imagine a city girl, a celebrity in his country in low-cost bungalow. I had already chosen a resort, but when I tried to book a bungalow turned out to be full and no rooms available. Then I was offered just that place. And here I am, I'm here. Greeted me a lady with a charming name Aisha, she apologized at the time of my arrival my bungalow is not yet released and had to put me on more expensive (at its expense) such modern air conditioning. The bungalow was ok, spacious, with twin beds air conditioning, TV, fridge and hot shower. Only it was at the end of the resort, away from the beach and wall to wall with another bungalow which hear everything my neighbors do there. If you visit this place, remember never bungalow number 15. The next day I shifted into my bungalow Thai style, it is a wooden pole home with small windows, dark, stuffy and unsupported. Very bad bath room no hot shower. Yes this is a low budget bungalow for nothing. No refrigerator, no air conditioning only a weak fan, and notice TV with digital TV, weird. In a bungalow number 8 had twin beds covered with mosquito nets. During the day, it is impossible to stay inside for long, especially if you are accustomed to luxury and comfort. Reassured me that all day would saunter across the island and the beach, and go home to my Thai bungalow until after dark. I did when I got back, I opened the windows, even though the fan was switched on constantly was not useful. I spent several hours on the porch to wait to become cooler and went to bed. There was not much heat and could sleep. So I thought. I do not know how long I slept, but I woke up suddenly from a strange noise, I was afraid that something had jumped through the windows in the room, but no animals. I had to close all windows. Again became stuffy ... again heard a little noise like something walking on the ceiling, I realized that coming from the ceiling. It was a rough night. In the morning I decided that as my experiments are absolutely sufficient. End and a second bungalow number 8. Kind Aisha immediately offered me a new bungalow, luxury compared with the old, spacious, clean, maintained with splendid bathroom and hot shower. Right on the beach with lovely panoramic windows giving me an great view. Of course I had to be extra small difference in price, but believe me it is worth. If you are not pressed for budget advantage. This is my dream bungalow. Bungalow No. 9. Since the complex has different types of bungalows, furniture, extras, etc. Claim bungalows exactly what you want when making a reservation. I think the best are 9 and 11. I can say that the complex has a spacious garden, bar, restaurant with free wi fi ( so you can have all you need) and beautiful beach right in front. Sometimes it loud motorcycle passing by, because it is located on the main road of the island.

Room Tip: variety of room types, the best are 9 and 11, do not take 15, to have a free wi fi chose room close...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pariny
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

A selection of different graded bungalows on a nice open site near a beach and some nice eateries. Our bungalow was a concrete aircon one and was lovely, simple but nicely decorated, and even though the bathroom was still a bit 'open' it was so clean and nice. Aircon was fab, just need to give it a quick blast when you got in. TV as well, and a lovely deck with two chairs. Staff were really sweet, and the food was pretty decent and there's a little bar too. Hired some good quality mopeds from them and saw the island. Cleaning and cooking staff were really smily and lovely. Would def recommend.

Room Tip: We took the best bungalows for 1,500 baht, but the simpler bamboo bungalows were much cheaper and de...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BCHO
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

we love this place and we keep coming back for two years on the row!! we stayed at one of the bigget room. The bed was big, air con was cool, the room were spacious. we were four adults and one six year old, and they were provide us extra bed, blanket, towels and everything promptly. This bungalow locate right on the beach, with a small park for the villages to come and hangout. there were not so many tourist. Paisai beach at the bungalow was peaceful and unpolluted, we spend many hours to play on the beach. The topper most of our experience staying here was was the small food shop that sell thai food and roti who would offer to make us special seafood dinner on request!! (due to we ate 6 roti with cheese and 6 roti regular everyday). This place made us feel like we live here free and happy. The reason we came back here because the people of Koh Yao Noi were very kind and friendly to us.

pro: good location. friendly managment. have homestay organization for arrange our boat trip +66899703384
con: there were no room service because its run by only one woman, so we had to sleep 5 nights without having change our linen.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Benyapha J
Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed here for two night in one of the air-conditioned stone bungalows. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable with an outdoorish (covered) bathroom. They were well kitted out and the bed was comfortable. The resort covered a nice area of land and was very close to the beach which had a nice little eatery on it. The resort had a good food area which served good breakfasts and dinners. The staff were on the whole very helpful and outgoing.

Room Tip: Stone bungalows very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple