“Heart of Cooking Thai”

Mina's Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I've had many experiences in my life, but this by far moved me so deeply. Most of the dishes are my favourite dishes and I've tasted Green Curry almost everywhere, but this is the best end result - EVER. With Mina its not just about teaching people to cook, she is teaching the HEART of Thai Cuisine, and its her heart. What inspired me was that she sees food as "medicine"... It feeds the body, it nourishes the body...

I drove away overwhelmed with emotion. The experience with the food, the cooking and the humble Spirit and wisdom of Mina... AMAZING

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"beautiful garden"
"lovely mina"

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We've been traveling all over the world and we've made a point to attend at least one cooking class in every country we've visited. Hands down, Mina's Cooking Class was the best. Mina is a wonderful woman with tons of food knowledge and cooking know how. She isn't the type of cook who can make a wonderful meal as long as she has her recipe, she knows the fundamentals of cooking and understands what works well together to compose a perfectly balanced dish. And, above all, Mina is a warm, friendly person who I would spend time with even if we weren't in the kitchen.

Before you even begin cooking you find a beautiful spread of fresh veggies, some of which I had never seen outside of being dried. She was excited with us as we talked about the differences in produce, and explained what we could and probably wouldn't be able to find back home. She was able to help us find good alternatives if we come across that problem.

With Mina, I learned how to make the best pad thai I have ever had. The outcome of her little secrets will blow your taste buds away. The spicy prawns were succulent, the tom kha gai was spectacular, and since this meal I've decided that sticky rice needs to be deemed its own food group.

Sharing time and having conversations about food and life was an amazing part of our time in Thailand and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is fortunate enough to stop by the island of Ko Yao Noi.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

As avid cook, I have always been interested in various techniques and cookery skills. This was an ideal opportunity to immerse myself in the local intricacies of Thai cooking. We spent 3 hours with Mina learning to cook everything from Pad Thai to stick Rice. It was an amazing course and we got some seriously valuable tips. Mina is an incredible cook and teacher not to an extremely friendly lady. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

You really must visit Mina's if in Koh Yao Noi. Not only does Mina help you produce fantastic Thai food, her personality is the best I have experienced in Thailand. All of this is prepared in her own home with a garden full of herbs etc. Lovely, lovely lady. We cooked Phad Thai, sweet and sour, yellow coconut curry and sticky rice............ Mmmmmmmh!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We spent a rainy morning at Mina's learning how to make Tom Yam Gung, stir-fried beef with Thai basil, Massaman curry, bananas in syrup and a refreshing tamarind juice drink. Mina was amazing - friendly, interesting and a great teacher. She taught us how to make our own coconut milk and cream, and about all the different herbs and spices used in Thai cooking. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip - and so excited to try out all these recipes at home!