“I didn't know I could cook that good”

Mina's Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I love Thai food and I love cooking so the minute I found about about Mina I was hooked. She checked for any food intolerances and preferences (in our case: lactose intolerance - not a problem as Thai cuisine doesn't usually use milk products / vegetarian) and prepared the menu accordingly. She gave a lot on information on the different ingredient as well as citing alternatives if they are not to be found back in our countries. The rest of the class then was hands-on: curry paste, coconut milk, sweet rice, spring rolls, ... we were impressed how much food you can prepare in just 2 hours (and how much you can actually eat once you are ready).
We had a lot of fun, Mina was amazing, the food was super yummy, and the cookbook we received will be put to good use in my home kitchen.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"lovely house"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Mina is such a lovely and welcoming person. You can choose what you want to cook, mina will show and explain the ingredients and teach you how to cook thai meals. It is a nice place and a lot of fun. a little bit to expensive, better if you are more persons.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very personal and interesting experience. Mina is fantastic and engaging and the food you cook with her is absolutely amazing. Her house is stunning and we had a really great time with her!

1  Thank yage22
Reviewed 18 October 2013

At Mina's we had a wonderful cooking and lunch experience with our sons today!
Private cooking class at Mina's is a wonderful experience. She does adjust the menu to your taste . Mina is not only a good chef, but also a good instructor. The variety of her recipes is vast and you'll learn to prepare everything fresh. The house is in a lovely setting above rice fields, very peaceful.

2  Thank Suse711
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2013

the photos of this cooking place and the product and the food are true to form!! I have been a chef/culinary instructor for 25 years and this had to be one of the best experiences of my life. I just wanted a simple, soulful class with a local person and I got exactly that. we discussed food. we looked at food. we tasted food. I wanted to relate to a thai native through food not have a standard format shoved at me. mina was lovely, extremely talented and knowledgeable. as we sat down to taste our dishes, we heard the monks chanting down the road! we saw the workers in the rice paddies. simply a beautiful morning. will definitely go back!!

1  Thank burtonk64