We stayed in a beach villa for a week in February on an anniversary trip. This place was absolutely perfect for us.
Things we were worried about before the trip:
1. the temperature
2. the mosquitos
3. hoping the food was good enough for an entire week.
*We were perfectly comfortable with the sea breeze and the fans. We had no need for A/C.
*It was the dry season. They put your mosquito net down at night and light citronella coils throughout your villa. I don't even think I was bit.
*The food was excellent and the menu for food and drinks was broad enough for 2 weeks. (recommend the Papaya salad)
My wife and I went on an excursion almost every single day and had a great time with our guide on each one. They do a great job of keeping you away from crowds.
The service that we received was perfect. They made you fill very welcome and were extremely accommodating to any requests. But they also weren't in your face. The service happened quietly.
I read some trip advisor complaints before I came and I can assure you that those people are high-maintenance, cry-babies. We don't usually do repeat vacations but we think we'll make an exception in this case. I don't think we could find this combination anywhere else. Perfect amount of service with good food and lots to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our villas are built in the original Andaman Sea - gypsy style which is optimal for comfort and for the environment. We have used unique local resources with a traditional background while still maintaining, if not surpassing, all modern standards. The mangrove palm leaf roofs of our villas breathe and do not store heat, and air conditioners are definitely not needed.All villas have an undisturbed, spectacular sea view of the famous Phang Nga Bay and can be opened up to the stars at night - and in the morning the rising sun shines onto the beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Koyao Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koyao Island Hotel Koh Yao Noi
- Hotel Koyao Island