“Relaxed island living”

Koyao Bay Pavilions
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ko Yao Noi
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Super chilled place set on a sandy beach with spectacular views. Wide variety of accommodation from right on the beach to nestled on the foot hill with jungle scenery. Each have their own pros and cons so best to check them out yourself. Some have tvs, some have hammocks, some have open living areas but all have access to the main restaurant which serves really great meals. Emmanuel (French manager) and his team are helpful and friendly and do a good job running the place.

Recommend kayaking to the nearby islands.

Room Tip: Various room/ villa types so check them out and know what you getting before committing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kaya-ZA

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ko Yao Bay Pavilions is one of those rare places that is actually what it purports to be. It is small, and thus has a sense of intimacy that is such an important commodity when looking for something special. We stayed in the Rice Paddy Villa, which is one of the ones not on the beachfront but for our purposes it was great. Two separate rooms, plenty of space and a good kitchen (we bought fruit and provisions so prepared some of our won food). All the villas have their own style and charm which adds to the atmosphere of the place.

Everything about KYBP is great; they clearly pride themselves on their attention to detail and it shows through in all things.

It is located almost at the end of a quiet road, though there is the occasional motorbike passing by. It has its own beachfront and a lovely restaurant, meaning that you can remain there basically undisturbed if that is what you want. However it is also not so far to other restaurants, including Rice Paddy, and small shops.

We hired bikes to get around, which was a fun and easy way to see the island.

Although we have just returned i would say there is a very good chance we will be staying at Ko Yao Bay Pavilions again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mattinthesprings
Reviewed 22 May 2014

When hubby asked me last year how I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday, the answer was simple. I wanted to spend it at my favourite place and show my friends why it is so special. No brainer - Koyao Bay.
It would also be our tenth visit.
We arrived the best way - longtail at the beach. Felt like coming home. My friends were stunned at the beauty and tranquility of the resort.
We were so glad we got there in time to farewell former manager Olivier and his family. Thankyou my friend for looking after us so well.
It was wonderful to see our friends Bee and Azip. And to be introduce to Manu, the new manager.
Followed with 4 wonderful days of touring the island, the bay and lazing with fantastic food.
The highlight was my birthday evening get together with Georges, Bee, Azip, Manu, friends old and new and other guests. Memorable.
Thankyou again for making our holiday and my birthday very special. Heres to the next ten years visiting this very amazing place and our wonderful friends who make it perfect.

Room Tip: We love the middle sala, but all rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every thing was great. The island, small and charming with so many nice small beaches, kind people everywhere... and our quiet spacious suite at Koyao Bay Pavillions was just perfect !! a view on the sea, wonderful garden all around, pretty swimming pool... The cooking is great too. Thank you Manuel and Georges and all the staff for the warm and discrete welcoming just as we like ! We just want one thing : to come back again to this paradise !!!

Room Tip: The suite is great, to have a lot of space and a great view over the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was even better the next time round - we chose to stay at the Champa Villa this time.

It was fabulous - the welcome from the Management was very real, even though we did arrive on bicycles!

The cool drinks given to us were refreshing and we were then taken to our Villa - beautiful, 2 bedrooms, air-conditioning and more - just like home.

We changed into our swimming costumes and went for a swim in the pool....

Then it was time for the bicycles and we cycled a little way and returned back for dinner. The Banana Bud salad was the best (not for everyone). We chose to take a trip the next morning - it was a half day trip and i do not recall the name but you had to be up early.

The trip was 'magnificent' they picked us up early and took us to a long tailed boat which then took us on a tour of four islands - leave early to miss the bulk of the tourists.

The long tailed boat then dropped us back on the beach which the Koyao Bay Pavilions faces - bliss...

Must stay here if you want an escape...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Koyao Bay Pavilions is a quiet, handsome, unique place. Warmfull welcome, traditional pavilions, swimming pool shape, water heat, resort size are perfect. It's also a real pleasure to walk alone on the beach... The restaurant, with few tables and opened kitchen is the best place we ate on the island. I'm looking for something to improve this place. I can't find !...

Room Tip: Traditional pavilions. Exotic wood. Opened space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Pavillions, the location is beautiful and the resort is tasteful and understated leaving the land and seascape centre stage. I ate at the restaurant several times also for breakfast and the food was delicious my favourite meal was deep fried barracuda with lemon grass and banana flower salad, an experience!

I stayed in one of the houses which was a short distance from the resort but a little further away than I had understood and as I was travelling solo I felt a bit cut off. When it was dark the only lighting to and from the restaurant or village was a torch which was ok once I got used to it. The staff were extremely helpful and always pleasant, I took two trips one booked through the resort and one I arranged myself with help from the previous manager Olivier. Both were great and really enjoyable however in general communication with all the staff apart from the management was difficult because no one spoke English or very little and this particularly affected the trips because I couldn't ask any questions.

I just have a few issues the first is fairly minor but worth a mention. The matts for the loungers around the pool attached to the cottage and the one next door were ripped and stained and looked very shabby. The resort doesn't own these two cottages only manages them so I'm not sure what was happening but they need replacing. My main issue is with the cost. I realise that travelling alone is always considerably more expensive but taking that into account I think they are overcharging generally. I know Olivier has responded to an earlier review defending the prices in terms of their ethical business practice e.g. paying taxes but the cost of those taxes and other bills will be relative to the Thai economy not the European economy. Therefore I really think they need to watch this as it is expensive and it would be a great pity to destroy the ethos of the place by raising the prices more. European charges but do the delightful staff get European wages I wonder?

In conclusion I spent a relaxing and enjoyable 5 nights at the resort unfortunately I managed to pick up a stomach bug the last few days but that hasn't affected the positive feeling I have about my stay. If you want to spend time on a beautiful quiet Thai island now is the time to do it as there is already building going on and I'm not sure how long the island will remain as it is at present.

Room Tip: If you are with a group the cottages are lovely but if you are alone perhaps the beach Pavillions mi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
#5 of 8 in Ko Yao Noi
Six Senses Yao Noi
Six Senses Yao Noi
#1 of 8 in Ko Yao Noi

Been to Koyao Bay Pavilions? Share your experiences!