“Cheery comfort.”
Review of Vane House

Vane House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osmotherley
Vane House
Ranked #5 of 7 Osmotherley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Vane House was a charming break from our Coast to Coast walk in August. Arrived tired, in need of a hot shower, pint and good dinner. Allen is a gracious host, our en suite room was bright and cheery, with plenty of head room for my 6'4" husband. There had been many head crashings in previous B&B stays on this journey...a room with a morning sun, wifi and plenty of electrical outlets also made this a very comfortable stay. A good pub and dinner opportunities were just around the corner. Some villages just spoke to us on this trip and Osmotherly was one-wish we'd had more time to linger.
Breakfast was the traditional options of full English, or any combination there of. Again, in a bright, airy environment. Excellent accommodations.

Room Tip: Unlike some accommodations on the C2C, this B&B was easy to find at the end of a long day on the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curlyred52

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is our second stay here, and we would definately stay a third! Alan is very welcoming and made our stay enjoyable. Yes, he does ask everyone what they would like for breakfast as soon as you walk through the door, but to me, that is very much forward planning for the next day and part of running a small establishment and having a young family too.
The rooms are lovely and clean, plenty of towels, tea and coffee facilities, tv and hairdryer so are well equipped. We stayed at the rear of the hotel and heard absolutely nothing in the morning.
Would definately recommend to others!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the property
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn E
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our 4th B&B on a Coast to Coast cycle ride and sadly, the least impressive of all the ones we stayed in. Be prepared to select your breakfast almost as soon as you arrive - we were asked before been given the room keys, still a bit hot and bothered not long after cycling up the steep climb to the centre of Osmotherley.
The room was large enough, light, very clean and well furnished if a little sterile. The bathroom was very compact, but clean and good enough. Only hand soap is provided. Other facilities include a hair dryer and wifi but no guest lounge. We had the room at the front of the building and were woken by the early morning deliveries to the shop next door - try and get a room at the back.
Breakfast was adequate with a small selection of cereals and fruit. The English breakfast consisted of bacon, fried egg, sausage, saute potatoes and grilled tomatoes.
All in all a comfortable stay, the host Allan was very welcoming, ok for one night but would consider a different establishment for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife & I were on a group Coast to Coast walk and stayed at Vane House for just the one night. Our double room on the ground floor was clean & comfortable and the breakfast was good. Our host did appear a little regimented in wanting us to order breakfast the moment we arrived and in the seating at the breakfast table, but with a clean comfortable room & a good night's sleep we were very satisfied. The pretty village of Osmotherly was a pleasant surprise as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OB-Traveller
Reviewed 10 April 2013

A very nice room, good bathroom and breakfast, but the hosts seemed rather indifferent to their guests. I got a room next to the village store, and delivery of supplies started a little before 5.30 in the morning. I would like drying facilities on a long distance walk like the coast to coast walk. I was provided newspaper for my boots, but they weren't dry the next morning,

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the village store. Noisy in the early morning!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Astrid G
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I use vane house as my 'base' when I do my annual lyke wake walk. I have stayed there lots of times and always found Alan welcoming and friendly. The rooms have always been warm and clean, with a good breakfast to look forward to. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDirger
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I arrived before the 'official' checking in time but was reluctantly allowed in. The room was freezing, there were no toiletries, the chair was in a cupboard, probably because there was no other space for it. The room was so small one person had to get on the bed to let the other move around the room. The only interest the host had was in insisting we order breakfast the minute we arrived. Our wet clothes and footwear stayed wet, and seating at breakfast was directed by the host depending on your order, as in 'that's the poached egg' as he pointed at where we had to sit. I felt like I was imposing on them. Not value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank 789Francie789

Been to Vane House? Share your experiences!