“Wonderful”

The Three Tuns
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Walking the Cleveland Way, this was a real treat. The room was great, dinner was excellent and breakfast lovely. I highly recommend staying and eating here. Great staff and very welcoming.

There are newer reviews for The Three Tuns

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lamb main was very good. A little too well done for my liking, but the quality of the lamb was excellent. Good food, decent prices.

2  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked as read the menu on the internet and looked forward to the meal. On arrival we were given a new A La Carte menu as there was a new chef. The menu was one side of A4 paper and had 6 starters and 6 mains. The starters were fine but, for the mains there were 2 fish, 1 pork, 1 lamb and a vegetarian risotto - the only thing I liked was lamb so totaly restricted. I asked if there was any chicken and was told no. The starters were good. The main courses severely lacked vegetables with the tiniest portion of veg I have seen for a near £20.00 dish. My desert was nice but my husbands he stated was not good. What was even worse was that on the table opposite a group of 4 were tucking in to a really nice steak !!! Will not go back until menu has more options on. Really disappointed as we love the Three Tuns as the staff are good and the ambience fantastic. Please give more on the menu and put some more vegetables with it, i would even pay for actual veg.

3  Thank Allan726
Debbie D, Owner at The Three Tuns, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Allan726,

I am sorry that your recent visit to the Three Tuns was disappointing. With it being our new Head Chef''s first week, and because he was working mainly on his own for the first week, we decided it would be best to have a limited menu together with a few specials. The steaks were actually on the specials board. If you had mentioned your concerns to Paul the manager, I'm sure he would have had a word with the chef about the veg. The menu options will increase again soon.

Please let us know when you will be visiting next as we will be happy to provide you with some complementary drinks.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Myself and my wife have visited this resaurant many times over the last number of years and always when we are in the area for lunch. The menu has changed somewhat over time which is to be expected but has been consistently good up to this visit for lunch. As usual the welcome was warm and the premises spotless, The lunch menu was very limited, my wifes dish lacked flavour and consisted mostly of salad leaves with very little else, some asparagus and a half poached egg which she left, my dish was their own burger and chips which was accompanied by a small dish of coleslaw. The burger was of good quality meat with no gristle or fat but was very bland on a nondescript bun and had grilled cheese on top. After good experiences at this place in the past we left feeling disappointed this time, perhaps it was an "off" day or maybe the chef has changed but certainly didn't come anywhere near previous visits. Sadly this visit didn't encourage us to return anytime soon.

3  Thank pastelman10Yorkshire

Dear Pastelman10Yorkshire,
I am really sorry that your recent visit to the Three Tuns was disappointing. It is the first week of our new Head Chef settling in and due to him working on his own for most of the week we thought it best to run a limited menu together with a few specials.

If you do decide to visit again, let us know and we will provide you with some complimentary drinks.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We thought that this was just a pub, how wrong were we, we walked in too find a restaurant in the back, we decided to give it a try, so glad we did, we were served by a delightful young lady, what can I say about the food? it was first class, very tasty, hot and well presented, I have no negatives at all. I am sorry I did not get the names of the Gent and the young lady, I look forward to my trip back again next year. Well done.

1  Thank THEONE60

Dear THEONE60,

Thank you for your kind comments about our food and staff, they are much appreciated and have been passed on to all concerned. It makes it all worthwhile!