Relais dei Magi
Hotel Al Poggio dei Papi(Citta della Pieve)
US$99
Hotel Da Elio(Piegaro)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
US$68
La Locanda Di Cetona(Cetona)(Great Value!)
US$149
UNAWAY Hotel Fabro(Fabro)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hotel Vannucci(Citta della Pieve)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Il Patriarca(Chiusi)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnercountry house hoteljunior suitelovely placetuscany and umbriafacilitiescountrysidehost
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Stayed here in 2002 and 2003 with friends, it was perfect. Bambie and Paolo are the perfect hosts. And this summer we stayed here again...Still same high level of service with a smile. Excellent food cooked by Bambi and a exceptional environment. Realy the top!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2007

This place is heaven. The photos on their website do not do it justice - it's stunning. The owners, Paolo and Bambi, are delightful. Bambi's cooking (after complimentary fizz on the terrace to accompany the stunning sunset) is to DIE for. All the flavours of Italy, but with a lightness of touch. Here's what gave the game away about this hotel: all the other guests were on their 2nd or even 3rd visit. We booked to go back as soon as we left - and we have NEVER done that before!

L & J Nightingale, London, England

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2007

Wonderful small hotel beside a beautiful hill town (Citta 'dell Pieve) in Umbria, close to Chianti country, Perugia, Assissi, Orvieto and Siena.

Very friendly. Nice pool, beautiful spa.

We stayed in a gorgeous apartment with our teenaged kids and it was perfect except for lack of cooking pots and very hard beds (i think this is how the Italians like them).

Highly recommended for touring northern Umbria/Sounthern Tuscany.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 September 2006

This small country hotel is really excellent find with rooms and suited in the main house and also several apartments in a building a short distance away. We stayed in one of the apartments which had separate double bedroom then a sofa-bed for our 3 year old son. The apartment had bathroom with jacuzzi style bath and shower, the main room had fireplace (not needed in early September!) plus oven, hob, fridge, sink and dishwasher - all we needed to make our own lunches or evening meals when we didn't want to eat out. Nice terrace outside the apartment with wicker style chairs and table.
Situation and views are great. Swimming pool large and great views. You book breakfast and dinner optionally each day (the hotel only caters for residents), the breakfasts were excellent each day. We only ate dinner one night but that was a very enjoyable meal. Paolo and his wife are very welcoming hosts and nothing is too much trouble.

Nearby town of Citta della Pieve is pleasant, has small supermarkets, several restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeWilts
Reviewed 10 May 2006

None of the pictures on any website do this wonderful hotel justice. I chose it initially for the tail end of a two week driving tour of Tuscany and Umbria because it had a sauna, Turkish bath and small heated pool. I knew that we would be tired and travel worn by this point in the trip and this seemed just the ticket.

I was delightfully surprised by the beautifully decorated common rooms. The colors were traditional and soothing, but with touches of edgy modern tones for punch. All of the furniture was chosen for comfort as well as texture and beauty. The two adjoining main rooms held a chock full bookcase and fireplace with comfy couch and armchairs, a game table, more sitting areas perfect for conversation and sipping a snifter of Grand Marnier.

The breakfast room featured wall to wall windows, and it was very pleasant to enjoy the view of the countryside with your morning capaccino. I was also impressed with the size and amenities of the suites. The views from every window and terrace were gorgeous. The hotel also features small apartments in a separate, vine covered building, each with its own outdoor sitting area. This building also is the site of the immaculate and well appointed spa features I mentioned earlier.

The snifter of Grand Marnier( I'm picturing it now) was offered by our gracious host Paolo when he recognized that not only was I travel worn on our arrival, but besieged by a very viscious cold bug that had settled in my chest. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to luxuriate in the sauna and sip that golden healing liquid.

Both Poalo and his son Nicolo were excellent hosts, able to point out art and areas of interest in the surrounding villages and cities, yet never intrusive. The late March weather was perfect for touring, warm enough to feel and look like Spring, but cool enough to be comfortable for walking and hiking the hill towns. The location is great also. Just on the edge of Tuscany and Umbria, daytrips to many popular cities and, my favorite, smaller quaint villages. One of our favorite memories is a spontaneous stop at a roadside store near Pienza, where pecorino is king. We could watch the sheep responsible for this wonderful cheese and gaze at the olive trees while tasting their fabulous fruit.

I would recommend this hotel highly. I only wish I had organized my photos, so I could share how beautiful it really is.

• Stayed: March 2006