“Excellent!”
Review of Fratelli Vogadori

Fratelli Vogadori
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Negrar
More attraction details
Owner description: Fratelli VOGADORI is a family winery in Negrar, the heart of the Classico area of the Valpolicella. Fratelli is the italian for brother: Alberto, Gaetano and Emanuele work together their vineyards and produce the great wines of this generous land. Valpolicella, Ripasso, Recioto, Raffaello and Amarone wines are appreciated all around the world. The passion for the land has been handed down from generation to generation: for a good wine you should start from the vineyard. So the decision to avoid chemical treatments on the vineyards, using only natural fertilizers and cutting the extra bunches while they are still green to allow the vine to reach the highest quality. From this year we also decided to use lighter glass bottles and produce photovoltaic panels to ahve all the energy necessary in the company. The respect for the environment is essential to the quality of the wines. The perfect location of our vineyards has also facilitated the achievement of a remarkable quality of Vigolo the hill with southern exposure produces excellent grapes for Amarone. In fact, with the grape of choice, in the basement you can get fine wines and the use of natural yeasts contained in grapes really afford to be typical and traditional wines. We have also avaible some rooms in the side of the winery where our guests can stay and realax: here there is a wonderful view of the valley! The winery is open also the saturday and sunday
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Helsingør
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I can not recommend Fratelli Vogadori enough. There wines, especially the Amarone Folago, are fantastic. The apartment is new, well equipped, clean and reasonably priced. The hospitality of the Fratelli Vogadori is spotless. We stayed at there apartment for 4 days, and wished we had booked longer time.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Clonard, Meath, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Vineyard”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We visited this vineyard as part of Pagus Valpolicella Wine Tours and loved every minute of it. From being made to feel extremely welcome to the wonderful views from the tasting room the afternoon was a dream. The wines we tasted fell into all categories, to the not so nice ones right up to the dream Amarone, which I lost myself in. Can't wait for my wines to arrive home and the unveiling to family. Cannot praise the Fratelli Vogadori enough and highly recommend a visit if you get the opportunity. Every review of this vineyard, except one, cannot be wrong!

Visited April 2013
Rome, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Inelegant”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Visited this winery last fall during a trip among Valpolicella wineries. Being a wine expert, I'm not a sophisticated at all. I generally like rustic placer rather than big brands. I found their hospitality nice. However, many of the information about the Valpolicella area, good for inexpert tourists, revealed to be wrong. It sounded as they started making wine few years ago. The place was dirty and wine was consistently bad. The Amarone 2005 tasted like "rossissimo" in a huge way, stabilizing substances and artificial tannins (the latter as my friend chemist, there with me, specified). The raffaello and the orher wines did not show elegance and were deeply unbalanced. They claimed to make organic wines.. Though without visible certification as EU law would require. Nice people, but nothing else.

8 Thank Stefano V
FratelliVogadori, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Fratelli Vogadori, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Stefano,

thanks for your review: for my family it's really important to get feedbacks. We are proud when they are positive like the previous 19 and we try to improve ourselves after getting a negative one.

I was curious to know which information on the Valpolicella were "wrong": I also wrote you a message but if you don’t reply it’s difficult to understand your point of view.

The winery is located on the top of the Vigolo hill, and all around there are vineyards: we like to start the visit from the fields, and obviously there's grass, mud, cow manure and so on. But we love to work in the land: if you come in a normal working day you'd see me and my brothers working there. As you can understand, our work is not an office work :). It is from the land that you can understand our philosophy: we don’t use chemical fertilisation but only the natural ones, we don't use herbicides nor pesticides. If you drink a full bottle of our wines you'll get no headache, stomachache or acidity.

I think you were lucky tasting the Raffaello because we sold it all out before last autumn; my father Raffaello would like to have a bottle but I’m not able to find one!

I’m sorry for this long response, I would like to add just one last thing: I’m Alberto of Fratelli Vogadori and the winery is in Vigolo street 16 in Negrar, we are always open and everybody can come to see the land, the vines, to taste our wines and talk with us. Our winery will never be closed and we’ll always answer all the questions.

Feel free to contact me for anything you may need!
Thanks for the time you are spending to read this reply!

Alberto
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“3rd generation and proud of it!”
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

We had an appointment at this special winery famous for the Amarone,a special wine from Valpolicella.we were received and scorted by one of the three fratelli(brothers in italian),Mr.Gaetano Vogadori.One gentleman who had showed us part of their treasure.The place smells professional every where.And to smell is the first lesson when you think wine.They also have a special extra virgin oil,which a bottle was bought by me.my salads will thank me.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Vogadori Amarone 2007 - a taste of heaven”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I read about Fratelli Vogadori on Tripadvisor and followed the lead. The service was top even on a rainy Monday morning. We tasted Amarone 2005 which is very good, but the top wine is their 2007 Amarone. It was impossible to resist to order a case of this wine even if the price is high even for a Norwegian. In addition their Recioto is value for money. Thanks to Alberto.

Visited October 2012