Wentworth Heights Bed and Breakfast
US$97
Priceline
US$109
US$106
Invercargill TOP 10 Holiday Park(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$62
Ascot Park Hotel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
US$77
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfishmataura riverb bbrown trouthome away from homehomemade jamsmade us feeldianeflyperkinshostsguidancenibblesstories
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Diane takes great pride in running this high quality B&B. We throughly enjoyed their hosbility. We also went fishing with Barry and caught our first trout. I can highly recommend staying there and also fishing with Barry.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Diane and Barry, the owners, go to every effort and beyond to make guests comfortable. Their sparkling clean home looks over a wonderful garden and sheep pasture and there are windows at every junction to take in the light and views. Diane and Barry gather guests together in the evening to enjoy "nibbles" and wine and to visit and exchange ideas. There is a choice of breakfasts in the morning and Diane makes sure that each guest has a pitcher of lemon/mint water at nighttime and a taste of bedtime chocolate. They are outgoing and friendly, more than willing to make telephone calls on their guests behalf.
Barry is an excellent fishing guide and we highly recommend his services. His local knowledge gets the fisherman into areas that the average fisherman wouldn't know about.
If you are in this area, then you will be amiss not to stay here.
Sally P., Mississippi, USA

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I had a lovely visit to Wentworth Heights. I had to arrive late and leave early, but Diane and Barry were completely accommodating of my schedule. The B&B is absolutely beautiful, and it feels more like you're being invited into their home than anything else. There were lots of nice details, like the teddy bears on the bed, and the bedside pitcher of water flavored with lemon and mint. I felt completely comfortable and cozy. And the breakfast!! I was blown away by the elaborate spread that was laid out just for me. The rhubarb sauce fresh from the garden was delicious, as was the traditional kiwi platter that was cooked to order. Best of all, Diane and Barry and extremely kind and hospitable. We had a great conversation about my travels and everything else. After only a few hours, I almost felt like part of the family. Treat yourself, and stay at Wentworth Heights!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My five days at Wentworth Heights Bed and Breakfast were heavenly. My room was comfortable and spacious, with a private bath and shower, and enjoying the hilltop view of surrounding pastures was a lovely way to start each day. I've been to New Zealand many times, and in a country known for its hospitality, Diane and Barry Perkins are the most gracious and genuine hosts I've ever met. Diane made a delicious breakfast each morning, and Barry provided maps and valuable fishing information. More importantly, they seemed delighted to have guests and made me feel at home. If you flyfish, staying at Wentworth Heights is like hitting the jackpot. But even if you don't fish, Gore is the gateway to numerous activities, including touring the Catlins on the southcoast, and Diane and Barry will go out of their way to help you enjoy your visit. By the time I'd left Westworth Heights, I'd fallen hard for the southland, and was grateful to have stayed in such a delightful location with people who felt like family.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2011

A stay with Diane and Barry was a hilight of our trip To the south island in New Zealand. Theit hospitality could not have been friendlier and the accommodation faultless.
All this and more; and at a price that anybody could afford. Luxury at an economical price!!!
Then fishing with Barry was another experience. Not ever having used the experience of a guide before we were a little aprehensive; we should not have worried. As inexperienced fly fishers he had us casting and on the fish in no time. We read somewhere that barry was one of the best guides in New Zealand, we can understand this .

Our stay with Dianne and Barry at "Wentworth Heights Bed and Breakfast" was a highlight of our stay in New Zealand

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple