“Beautiful decor and great food.”
Review of The Thomas Green

The Thomas Green
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Gore
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Just opened in December 2011
Helena, Montana
“Beautiful decor and great food.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had our Valentine's Day dinner here. Wide wine list and excellent food. I had the Serloin and husband the lamb rack. Steak was tender and had an outstanding flavor. Lamb was cooked a bit more than ordered but was tender and a wonderful flavor. I had my favorite dessert..a chocolate potted pudding with mint and mint icecream.

• Visited February 2014

Blenheim, New Zealand
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Dining with 4 kids, there was a long wait for food, and service was slow, but lovely food made up for that..

Visited January 2014
Christchurch
“Let down by bad service”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Called in for a dinner for 4 one night after the races. Were greeted by a very 'sour' Irish waitress. She clearly didn't want to be there, hated her job or both. I have travelled a lot in my life and other than Paris, have never experienced such rudeness. We didn't get a single smile. She told us our meals would be approx 40 mins but once we finally got a round of drinks from her, she didn't come back to refresh them. We waited an hour before we approached the bar for more drinks. Once she finally delivered our meals, she didn't even apologise for the wait. The food was delicious, don't get me wrong, and the restaurant is beautiful, but the whole experience was tainted by this one person. She needs to learn some customer service skills.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cara L
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place for that Special Occasion when in Gore”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Excellent decor and food is very well presented. Its great to see such a quality restaurant in GORE and the food is of a consistently a high standard. Its our fourth meal there and we will be back. As good as any restaurants in the big smoke !

• Visited November 2013
Wellington
“Swanky Establishment”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

After just been to Italy and out to dinner in a few establishments in Wellington for my husband work I was very impressed and surprised to find this trendy restaurant in Gore which by far surpassed the fore mentioned . Visiting Gore with adult family members we were treated to a large fire on a very cold day. The entrees were generous in size and for $15 was a cheap alternative to a main. I loved my entrée of lamb filo parcel. The deserts were classy and delicious . All up there was great service , atmosphere and the building was modern and funky. I would feel like a princess just to be taken there for a cocktail. Lots of party groups there celebrating birthdays on the night we went.

• Visited October 2013