“Relaxing”
Review of Lake Sebu

Lake Sebu
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Lots of Tilapia in that lake! I wasn't really overly impressed with the lake itself but it was really peaceful and relaxing to just be there. I read it's nicer early in the morning (sunrise).

1  Thank Whystopover
"lotus"
"birds"
"dip"

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We made a booking at this Eco resort but was very disappointed with the staff. We were late for our booking, so understandably we had to wait - 3 hours later and still no table! The management did not provide us with an estimated time and kept allowing other parties to be seated ahead of us. We found their organisation and hospitality very inconsiderate.

4  Thank Norma T
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Visited this part of South Catabato July 2013. We stayed mountain lake eco resort. If you want to experience living in nipa hut then this is as near as you get. Of course we did have a TV and hot showers in the accommodation. The Hotel is built on the mountain side and looks down on the lake. Its very much away from the tourist area where most of the hotels are. They have a floating restaurant and enjoyed eating tilapia. First visited Lake sebu 1980 and there where no hotels or tourists just Santa Cruze Mission ran by Catholic priests. They ran a hospital and School for the tribal people & I really experienced living native. The people living here where called Tiboli's and on my visit this time only saw two and these I think where for the tourists to have a photo taken with them. The area have been really developed now. There are several lakes, lake sebu being the largest. There are 7 waterfalls and a zip line across one which I didn't attempt but my wife and her sister did. Saw lots of different birds and butterflies whist roaming around the place. The people in the hotel where helpful and friendly. You do need a 4x4 to get around as some of the roads as yet are just tracks.

5  Thank GS2013_13
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This resort found in Surallah in South Cotabato should not be missed if you are in Mindanao, Philippines. The resort boasts of several falls, zip lines, a floating restaurant, cozy accommodations and fish ponds teeming with tilapia. I never tried the zip lines due to my age, but I could see the happy faces of my friends who experienced it and the cool trek to see the several falls. This is also the place where you can eat tilapia, cooked in various ways, kinilaw (prepared in vinegar), sinugba, chicharon (the skin), fried, paksiw, etc...you will also be welcomed there by native Tibolis, who will entertain you with their songs and dances, wearing their authentic Tiboli costumes, complete with their jingling accessories. They also sell native trinkets. You can also try their boat ride around the lake. Surely, Lake Sebu has much to offer!

4  Thank Ester J
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to Lake Sebu as a big group during our family reunion. The zip line was a major attraction since it is known as the highest in Southeast Asia. You would traverse mountains and falls when you go for the zipline and what's best is that it comes in two stages where you have to take 2 ziplines so you get to enjoy the adrenaline rush. The 7 falls are another magnificent sight to behold. The beauty of nature is exemplified by the grandeur of the gushing waters. Lake Sebu is over all an experience one shouldn't miss when visiting Mindanao.

1  Thank Cel77