“Beautiful”

Turtle Dove Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrismith
Turtle Dove Guest House
Ranked #5 of 20 Harrismith B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My husband,myself and my 4yr old stayed over at the Turtle Dove B&B. It had a fantastic homey welcoming feeling,the gardens were lovely and the room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large and had both a shower and bath. Great if you have young kids or if you are elderly. Breakfast is laid out in your room - which I thought was quaint and convenient. We even had two glasses and some sherry waiting for us.

I thought the price was a little steep at R700 a night but if I was going to spend that sort of money on a room... at least it was a lovely one.

I would definitely recommend it and visit again.I would recommend it especially for older people who will love the space and charm that is on offer.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank WarriorBunny

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The place is located in a beautiful house in a relaxed neighborhood. It is clean and comfortable and breakfast is served inside the room. Recommended especially if you need a base to explore the Drakensberg region.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Botswana
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We booked elsewhere, but after the mix up with our booking, we ended up in Turtle Dove Guest house and we were only happy about it. We were accommodated in a family suite. It was spacious,immaculately clean and nicely heated on a freezing evening. Garden is beautiful and the location upmarket and safe.
There are two negative things I have to mention in all the fairness of this review. There was no one to help with our luggage and our room was up the flight of stairs and some more walk from the reception, but maybe it was because they were not expecting us. The second thing is matter of personal taste and feelings, but I absolutely hated the huge amount of stuffed animal heads on the wall of communal lounge.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have been staying here several times. It is a beautiful place with very friendly people. They serve breakfast in your room. The rooms are big with a seperate big bathroom.with bad and shower. There is a big and beautiful garden and a parking lot. The place is very quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business