“A hidden gem ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Holmrook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Even though I had to change the dates I had originally booked at short notice this presented no problem and although the second dates were more expensive they kept the original price.
My colleague and I both ate at the hotel and the food was excellent.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've lived in Cumbria for 26 years...didn't know this place existed until yesterday!
Wow what a place, the grounds are stunning and the place has such a presence it's brilliant even before you go in!
We originally stopped in after a walk to get some drinks in but decided to stay for some food as well, I had the Goats Cheese Tart and it was yummy! Others I was with had the lamb, duck, pie & chicken/hagis thing, clean plates all round, every one of them was fantastic in their own right, the service was fast and friendly and the prices weren't too flashy! I'll definitely be making a trip back in the summer to explore the grounds more.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good food and location, however (maybe because the restaurant was virtually empty) the atmosphere was lacking. Then, in terms of the background music - wow! I couldnt work out what the 'theme' was but it really was a random list of tracks from the 60s to present day and quite disjointed.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This would be a terrific choice of venue for a big family gathering or conference or wedding etc. Such a choice of eclectic places to stay, individual cottages etc.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. The restaurant was warm and comfortable and the staff very attentive.