Irt Valley View B&B
US$142
US$427
  • Breakfast included
US$96
Ennerdale Country House Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
The Manor(St Bees)
US$112
Agoda.com
Seacote Hotel(St Bees)
US$85
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Old Kings Head(Broughton in Furness)
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Myself and a friend stayed in the twin bedroom the night before a long cycle ride, Shelagh was very helpful and made sure we had everything for the next morning as we had a 5am start, even making sandwiched to take with us which we really appreciated.
We got the feeling Irt Valley is more than just a business to Shelah and would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Met by Shelagh and made very welcome. Room was fantastic with two sofas and giant bed with a superb bathroom. Also had use of a lounge and garden with short walk to the river.
Nice touch was the night cap of a glass of port and the proper coffee for the morning
Breakfast was excellently cooked again by Shelagh and we could have what we wanted.
Location nice and quiet but near enough to Gosforth for food in the evenings.
Will go again !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and from the very beginning when I was booking Shelagh was very helpful and friendly. I had actually booked 2 separate B&B's for the weekend but both bookings fell through and Shelagh was able to fit us in and I am very glad that she could accommodate us! We were in the Santon Suite which had a huge and very comfortable bed with a separate and large bathroom. Breakfast was plentiful, well cooked and very tasty - Shelagh also accommodated my wheat intolerance and had wheat free toast and she even had homemade wheat free biscuits for me!
We have stayed in many hotels and B&B's but often find they are let down by little things - not here though, they have thought of everything and have so many nice little touches...like the night cap, chocolates, biscuits being left - it really does make a difference.
The information that was given by both Shelagh and David was very helpful - like where to eat, booking a place for us and walks/sights in the area.
The surroundings are very peaceful, it is very close to the Ravenglass railway which was good fun. There is an outside table which would be lovely to sit at during the summer months enjoying the wildlife
Because it is remote it would be best to have a car for trips etc.
Our only regret - not staying longer! Would definitely recommend without hesitation

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwitraveller1983
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at Irt Valley View last night, after all day walking in the lakes the roll top bath was heaven to sink into! Huge Kingsize bed was so comfortable. Room is beautifully decorated and Shelagh, the owner has thought of everything you might need to be comfortable staying there. The lounge and dinning room are lovely, we had yoghurt and fruit, a big pot of tea and a perfect full english breakfast whilst watching baby rabbits and a woodpecker in the garden.

Very close to Wast Water and Muncaster Castle which are both worth a visit.

Couldn't fault it, Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found this little gem whilst looking for somewhere to stay on a recent visit to Sellafield.
From the moment I arrived I knew that this was a place to revisit - the friendly welcome from Shelagh, the modern, tasteful and hugely comfortable rooms. And that was before the superb Full English Breakfast the following morning.
I travel quite extensively in the UK and can honestly say that Irt Valley View B&B is one of the finest I have EVER stayed in.

Room Tip: Its all brilliant - stay more than one night!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business