After staying at The Old Post Office Campsite across the road (nice campsite). Myself and a friend decided to eat at the Stanton Bridge Inn. We both ordered fish, chips and mushy peas. (£9.50, not a cheap meal). It arrived but not to our expectations, the fish was literally swimming in grease (the fish could not have been freshly made, re-fried) the chips had been re-cooked and the mushy peas had a crust over them. I spoke to the gentleman in charge of the food and he apologised and asked if we wanted a refund.
I have read some of the reviews for this Inn and the overall reviews are good, just a pity we couldn't say the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Bridge Inn, once a modest mail coach’s halt, is now a fine, well-situated, comfortable country inn offering hospitality to all travelers and visitors being close to Wastwater (Britain’s favourite view) and Scafell. Well behaved dogs are also welcome. The Western Lakes and Fells are spectacular and here in this quiet valley there is still the peace and tranquility that should be Lakeland. There are still more sheep than people!!! Excellent "REAL" food, "REAL" Ales, Log Fires and a "reet good welcome." Standards of accommodation today's travelers expect. "Home from home for the tired business person and the weary fell walker." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Santon Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Santon Bridge Hotel Holmrook
- The Santon Bridge Inn Holmrook, Cumbria - Lake District