We recently had our wedding at the Bridge which we could not fault. Diane, the manager, made sure everything went smoothly and everything was done exactly as we requested. The food was delicious and served very well.
The function room needed to be reset 3 times throughout the day and this was done so that it was not an inconvenience to the guests.
We had an amazing day and would highly recommend anyone wishing to get married to do it here. The staff were all very helpful with all our requests. Due to the close proximity to Wasdale lake we were able to get some amazing photos taken at the lakeside as well as outside the Bridge itself.
We were a little disappointed with the bridal room. There were no toiletries other than a bottle of body wash and the room was very dark. Good tea making facilities though and the bed was very comfortable. We have stayed in many hotels and feel £90 per night to be rather steep for the standard of the rooms here. Great breakfast though.
Overall I would definitely come back for a meal as the food is consistently excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Bridge Inn, once a modest mail coach’s halt, is now a fine, well-situated, comfortable country inn offering hospitality to all travelers and visitors being close to Wastwater (Britain’s favourite view) and Scafell. Well behaved dogs are also welcome. The Western Lakes and Fells are spectacular and here in this quiet valley there is still the peace and tranquility that should be Lakeland. There are still more sheep than people!!! Excellent "REAL" food, "REAL" Ales, Log Fires and a "reet good welcome." Standards of accommodation today's travelers expect. "Home from home for the tired business person and the weary fell walker." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Santon Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Santon Bridge Hotel Holmrook
- The Santon Bridge Inn Holmrook, Cumbria - Lake District