stayed in this pub after deciding we needed to get away after a long week at work. It looked nice on the pictures and the rate for a saturday was very reasonable. Was not disappointed. We had a lovely meal in the bar with a nice beer and a walk along the river.
My wife recommends the signature salad dish, it was pretty impressive.
Breakfast was very good and we followed that with a hair-raising journey over the steepest road in Britain.
Only criticism was the wait to check out but when the receptionist came she was so nice, it didn't matter any more.
The dysfunctional family with screaming brats camping behind the pub could not be blamed on anyone except satellite television and 'broken Britain'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Bridge Inn, once a modest mail coach’s halt, is now a fine, well-situated, comfortable country inn offering hospitality to all travelers and visitors being close to Wastwater (Britain’s favourite view) and Scafell. Well behaved dogs are also welcome. The Western Lakes and Fells are spectacular and here in this quiet valley there is still the peace and tranquility that should be Lakeland. There are still more sheep than people!!! Excellent "REAL" food, "REAL" Ales, Log Fires and a "reet good welcome." Standards of accommodation today's travelers expect. "Home from home for the tired business person and the weary fell walker." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Santon Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Santon Bridge Hotel Holmrook
- The Santon Bridge Inn Holmrook, Cumbria - Lake District