“Very clean, friendly staff”

Courtyard Paris Arcueil
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Arcueil
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was very clean, felt very safe, and the staff was very friendly. It was a little hard to find for the shuttle drivers, as it wasn't on their GPS, but they found it. It was about an hour drive from the airport, and a distance to any attractions. It was nice to have shopping nearby though, including a grocery store.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MBTraveler2go
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Paris Arcueil

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Let me begin with the positive. This hotel is conveniently located not far from the Laplace RER station on the B-line. I have noticed that some reviewers have mentioned the fact that the hotel is not in Paris (or at least not in central Paris). This is true, but getting to all the key locations in downtown Paris is very easy. In less than a half hour by RER, I was able to walk from my hotel to Laplace, catch a train to the Notre Dame Saint-Michel station, and meet a business colleague at the Fountaine Saint-Michel.

I would also like to say that the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The local area had shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. The shopping center La Vache Noir was right across the street. In addition, the room rate that I paid was very affordable. My rate included breakfast and internet access, and in spite of some of my criticisms, I still feel like I received good value for my money.

With all the good, why am I giving this hotel such an average rating? Outside the front desk, the hotel staff was quite marginal. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, but the restaurant staff had a hard time keeping the serving dishes filled with food. When they were empty, they remained empty for a long time. The coffee at breakfast is not very good. I was not the only one to notice; I overheard others making comments about the lousy coffee. If you like thin, weak, bitter coffee, then you have found your brew. If you prefer a typical French style of coffee, keep looking. You will not find it at this hotel.

The room size was a bit small. I stay at a lot of Courtyard hotels in Europe, and this hotel definitely had small rooms by comparison. I also noticed that the other Courtyard hotels often provide robes and slippers (at least to Marriott Rewards members who are staying with them). This hotel did not do so.

The biggest reason that I am providing a lower mark, however, is the fact that the cleaning staff did not clean my room. I am still trying to figure this one out. I did indeed have the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door in the morning, but I removed that sign when I left my hotel before noon. When I left, I could see the cleaning crew working on other rooms in my area of the hotel. I met my colleague for lunch, and we had a business meeting. I returned to the hotel at around 3:30 PM, and my room was still not cleaned. I could still see the cleaning crew working on rooms in my area of the hotel, and I fully expected a knock at my door at any moment from the cleaning staff. I began working from my room, and after a few hours, it dawned on me that I received no such knock on the door. By that time, it was 6 PM, and I realized that my room would not be cleaned. Upon check-out, I reported my complaint to the front desk, and the woman behind the counter wrote down my complaint. I am sure that the hotel will address it, but it is a bit late for me.

I would stay in this hotel again if its room rate were considerably lower than other Courtyard or Marriott properties in Paris, but it would not be my first choice. The front desk staff was very good. The hotel is in an area that is accessible to Paris by train. The local area has a lot to offer. The hotel has a decent exercise room. I think the hotel has a lot to offer, but I think they need to fine tune their service a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Greg A
Solveig H, General Manager at Courtyard Paris Arcueil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Paris Arcueil.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concern so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and avoid this happening again to any customer.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Once we found the hotel as it quite a way out it was clear about the star of the hotel. The room was a great size and really clean... will great channels and tea making facilities. The breakfast was fabulous and the burgers in the afternoon are exceptional. If you catch the tram right outside it takes about 45 minutes to get to the center of Paris which is perfect when your paying hundreds less per night. When your young and want to explore its good to be so far out get to see so many different things. The staff were really helpful and friendly. All in all a great time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alexandra S
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is one of those hotels that puts a buzz-word in the name so that people jump for it. This hotel is (obviously, by the address) NOT located within Paris. It's on the southwest border of the city. With that in mind, and the fact that it'll take about an hour journey via public transit from the hotel to get into the city, the hotel itself is great.
It's located adjacent to a shopping mall and several restaurants, which is convenient. The front desk was friendly, and the rooms were nice, if kind of small (not a lot of room to walk around the beds).
As long as you're aware what you're getting into in terms of location, this hotel is a great place to sleep and stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sudobuntu
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Accomodation is good
Breakfast - extremely expensive
GYM is very, very good
localization is not the best, but you can get the train to airport and is close to two subway station
benefit cost is fair
I recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardo284
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I went this past April of last year and just found the I could put a review for this hotel is was clean nice people I don't know any French but there people in the hotel the speak English is really nice quiet they have a little restaurant at the hotel the room are really clean and roomy and the best part about it is the they have e a commercial is a shopping center not to big but big for are appetite
They have paul mac Donald's they have market mmm so good all bread is fresh I really recommend to stay here

Room Tip: When we went we didn't event think of pool or spa so I really don't have a rating for that
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jesus T
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is very close to the RER and you can get there directly from the Airports. Nice and comfy rooms and decent breakfast. Friendly staff. Free wifi and nice shopping area across the Hotel. Gym downstairs little small but sufficient.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank stalenbu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcueil
Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boul...
#2 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Residence Chlorophylle
#3 of 4 in Arcueil
Montparnasse
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Courtyard Paris Arcueil? Share your experiences!