“Decent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel location is very strategic. Alot of restaurants and a shopping mall just in front of the hotel. This hotel is not located in Paris town. It is in a small town call Arcueil.
They do not have a 3 bedded room. We were given an extra bed. The room is small and with the added bed making it difficult for us to move around in the room (we had 3 big luggages too). So my advise is to book 2 rooms. Breakfast was good, alot of variety but not enough of seating area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jane9394
Solveig H, Manager at Courtyard Paris Arcueil, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Ms. Jane,

Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Paris Arcueil, "Your break from the everyday routine..."

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about your stay, and also for the nice comments about the location and breakfast. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Ali Nassila
Director of Operations
Courtyard by Marriott Paris Arcueil
ali.nassila@courtyard.com
+33177012029

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It was our second visit to the hotel, which we selected because our friends live nearby and it is practical solution vis a vis shopping centre.

Last time we had spacious corner junior suite which was occupied this time so we were given superior room with 2 beds. I had to refuse first room since we could both smell strong cigaret odour so settling in this room with a child was not an option. The hotel has no smoking policy, which previous occupier did not adhere to. The receptionist then offered us three other options and went with me to check and I settled for the first one. The room we had this time was small with two beds having very hard mattress thus I had a backache each morning. Out of multiple Marriotts or Courtyards we stayed in, it was the hardest bed. They were more like two larger single beds but definitely did not qualify to call them double. Towels and toiletries were middle quality. TV was flat, not very large. The room was clean but bath tub did not pass my "clean test" since I found skin build up residue. You just rub the surface and when nothing stays on your fingers, it is clean. To use the bath I had to clean it since I did not want to complain again. The bathrobe was not in the room but it was supplied swiftly upon request.

Breakfast was very average, nothing was really appealing so we have treated it as a fuel.

We did not really feel we had some on property benefits due to gold membership this time round as we could not get an upgrade and breakfast is not free at Courtyard and these are factors, which matter most to us.

To finish on a positive note: reception is very polite and patient, room was quiet and not overlooked House keeping did an amazing job after our first night. We will be back when visiting our friends again since we are not booking Courtyard for an experience but clean and safe place to stay.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank pekao
Solveig H, Manager at Courtyard Paris Arcueil, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Paris Arcueil for your Parisian stay.
We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay and experience at our hotel.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay, concerning the room smelling cigarette, as you mentionned the hotel is entirely non-smoking, and unfortunately sometimes guests do not respect this policy, however this has been brought to the housekeeping attention in order to make an action towards it, as deep cleaning and blocking this room for some time before renting it again. The courtyard hotels mattresses are all the same worldwide, and we are surprised to hear that the one you had this time was harder, we are investigating to identify the issue and act accordingly. Please be also assured that the clealiness is one of our priorities and an action plan was put in place immediately to avoid this kind of issues in the future.
As a Gold Marriott rewards member, you are very valuable to us and to Marriott in general, and your satisfaction is our main aim.
We would like to thank you for the positive comments about the staff and the room experience, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon during your next visit to Paris.
I am thrilled to meet you and thank you personally next time you visit us.
Yours sincerely,
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was very clean, felt very safe, and the staff was very friendly. It was a little hard to find for the shuttle drivers, as it wasn't on their GPS, but they found it. It was about an hour drive from the airport, and a distance to any attractions. It was nice to have shopping nearby though, including a grocery store.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MBTraveler2go
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Let me begin with the positive. This hotel is conveniently located not far from the Laplace RER station on the B-line. I have noticed that some reviewers have mentioned the fact that the hotel is not in Paris (or at least not in central Paris). This is true, but getting to all the key locations in downtown Paris is very easy. In less than a half hour by RER, I was able to walk from my hotel to Laplace, catch a train to the Notre Dame Saint-Michel station, and meet a business colleague at the Fountaine Saint-Michel.

I would also like to say that the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The local area had shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. The shopping center La Vache Noir was right across the street. In addition, the room rate that I paid was very affordable. My rate included breakfast and internet access, and in spite of some of my criticisms, I still feel like I received good value for my money.

With all the good, why am I giving this hotel such an average rating? Outside the front desk, the hotel staff was quite marginal. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, but the restaurant staff had a hard time keeping the serving dishes filled with food. When they were empty, they remained empty for a long time. The coffee at breakfast is not very good. I was not the only one to notice; I overheard others making comments about the lousy coffee. If you like thin, weak, bitter coffee, then you have found your brew. If you prefer a typical French style of coffee, keep looking. You will not find it at this hotel.

The room size was a bit small. I stay at a lot of Courtyard hotels in Europe, and this hotel definitely had small rooms by comparison. I also noticed that the other Courtyard hotels often provide robes and slippers (at least to Marriott Rewards members who are staying with them). This hotel did not do so.

The biggest reason that I am providing a lower mark, however, is the fact that the cleaning staff did not clean my room. I am still trying to figure this one out. I did indeed have the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door in the morning, but I removed that sign when I left my hotel before noon. When I left, I could see the cleaning crew working on other rooms in my area of the hotel. I met my colleague for lunch, and we had a business meeting. I returned to the hotel at around 3:30 PM, and my room was still not cleaned. I could still see the cleaning crew working on rooms in my area of the hotel, and I fully expected a knock at my door at any moment from the cleaning staff. I began working from my room, and after a few hours, it dawned on me that I received no such knock on the door. By that time, it was 6 PM, and I realized that my room would not be cleaned. Upon check-out, I reported my complaint to the front desk, and the woman behind the counter wrote down my complaint. I am sure that the hotel will address it, but it is a bit late for me.

I would stay in this hotel again if its room rate were considerably lower than other Courtyard or Marriott properties in Paris, but it would not be my first choice. The front desk staff was very good. The hotel is in an area that is accessible to Paris by train. The local area has a lot to offer. The hotel has a decent exercise room. I think the hotel has a lot to offer, but I think they need to fine tune their service a bit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Greg A
Solveig H, General Manager at Courtyard Paris Arcueil, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Paris Arcueil.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concern so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and avoid this happening again to any customer.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Once we found the hotel as it quite a way out it was clear about the star of the hotel. The room was a great size and really clean... will great channels and tea making facilities. The breakfast was fabulous and the burgers in the afternoon are exceptional. If you catch the tram right outside it takes about 45 minutes to get to the center of Paris which is perfect when your paying hundreds less per night. When your young and want to explore its good to be so far out get to see so many different things. The staff were really helpful and friendly. All in all a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Alexandra S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is one of those hotels that puts a buzz-word in the name so that people jump for it. This hotel is (obviously, by the address) NOT located within Paris. It's on the southwest border of the city. With that in mind, and the fact that it'll take about an hour journey via public transit from the hotel to get into the city, the hotel itself is great.
It's located adjacent to a shopping mall and several restaurants, which is convenient. The front desk was friendly, and the rooms were nice, if kind of small (not a lot of room to walk around the beds).
As long as you're aware what you're getting into in terms of location, this hotel is a great place to sleep and stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sudobuntu
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Accomodation is good
Breakfast - extremely expensive
GYM is very, very good
localization is not the best, but you can get the train to airport and is close to two subway station
benefit cost is fair
I recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eduardo284
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcueil
Montparnasse
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Paris Boulogne
#2 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Residence Chlorophylle
#3 of 4 in Arcueil

Been to Courtyard Paris Arcueil? Share your experiences!