“A little gem...”

The Opera Tea Rooms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Opera Tea Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 101 Restaurants in Retford
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Opera Rooms is now housed in a mix of new and old. Large glass fronted building, large private gravel area for tables and chairs outside, large ground floor with tables, mezzanine floor available with tables and chairs, snug room with lower tables and chairs. High Chair available, waitress service, new Patisserie to eat in or take out, large range of teas and coffees available and can be purchased to enjoy at home too. We have a slight French twist on some of our lunches and will be offering French Bistro nights very soon!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

on the market place in Retford. We came across the Opera on our first visit to this town. I was impressed by the decor and ambiance. We were greeted promptly by a friendly waitress. Our dilemma was choosing from the extensive and unusual menu. The food was attractively presented, a pate platter with the most delicious chutney for me and a pear, cheese and bacon muffin for my husband. We finished off with a slice of their home made cake.

My only criticism is that the prices are veering towards the expensive but overall a very pleasant experience. I shall look for the Opera Tea Rooms when we rerun to Retford.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a wonderful evening and lovely 3 course meal and singing from the Elizabethan school choir. I like the lovely company, meeting new people and chatting between entertainment and courses.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I came here for a weekday lunch with my mother and were rather impressed. The service was efficient and the waitress very attentive. We ordered soup and sandwiches which were all very tasty and fresh.

Two of us had coffee and one had the special hot chocolate, which was delicious, as it came with a piece of real chocolate melted in it.

The dining area had an air of relaxing ‘olde worlde’ charm, with fabric tablecloths and napkins, (as opposed to paper serviettes you often get in other establishments). All in all it had a feel that the staff genuinely cared about creating an enjoyable dining experience for the guests.

The total bill was good value taking into account the ambiance, service and quality of the food. We look forward to visiting the Opera Tea Rooms again on a future trip to visit family.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Took my Mother and Father as a little treat for lunch. As always, the reception and service were first class. My parents enjoyed the surroundings and especially the food.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I often have lunch in Retford when out shopping there or just to meet with friends. The staff are consistently welcoming and friendly offering very good service and the food never disappoints. I usually have a salad, warm goats cheese, chicken and home made quiche are all delicious and the carrot cake is the best I've had. Cannot recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Melliemou