“Lovely pub grub”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #42 of 100 Restaurants in Retford
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Now under new management from September 2017, following a full refurbishment. We serve fantastic homemade food 7 days a week and also Sunday lunches. Amongst other drinks, we offer a choice of 8 cask ales, craft gins, cocktails and freshly ground coffees. Join us for drinks or food in a cozy and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Brilliant atmosphere was made to feel very welcome, service was very good indeed and the food was excellent! Value for money will defiantly be going again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Best all round pub in retford, warm friendly atmosphere, polite staff made me and my children feel very welcome, incredible tasting food for not very much money.
fantastic will definately be going back.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Excellent service, food, company, atmosphere. Will eat and drink here for a long time to come. Very friendly pub

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is by far and away the best pub in Retford. Sue's food is always good and the cellar is stocked with some really nice ales, including the ever popular Harvest Pale. The place is frequented by people from every walk of life and the punters are friendly and talkative. Great place.

1  Thank Gordon365
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having just had yet another of fabulous Sue's equally fabulous Sunday roasts, served by the lovely Helen, I feel compelled to write a second review. I can't understand how this place has diminished in it's rating so much! How can places with only 1, 2 or 3 reviews be rated higher than here, when it 's overall rating from 41 reviews is 5*??!!

Have been visiting the Rum Runner for years now, and it never fails to please! The food is consistently brilliant, the staff are all friendly and pleasant, and we always come away feeling happier for being there!

Someone commented that it's definitely not for couples and that it's more like a working men's drinking club. I beg to differ. i feel equally at home there when with my husband, as I do when eating/drinking there alone. There are very few places I would go to in Retford alone,, but the Rum Runner is my first choice. Yes, occasionally I might be one of only a couple of females, but I never feel threatened by the predominantly male presence, as this place attracts a pleasant class of men! They chat to you, if you want to chat, and leave you alone if you prefer not to.

I thoroughly recommend visiting the Runner, whether you are single, married, male or female. You'll always receive a warm welcome from both staff and regulars alike and have a pleasant experience whether eating or drinking inside, or outside in the lovely beer garden!

1  Thank KillerQueen59