Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel
US$127
Hickman Hill Hotel(Gainsborough)
US$170
Travelodge
All reviewsmain buildingseparate buildingwedding venuegeorgian housewedding receptiondaughters weddingthe cottagesbridal suitelovely hotelorangery restaurantbar menusunday lunchlovely groundswould highly recommend this hotelcooked breakfastfull englishlovely room
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I was in the area with work and this hotel was in the right location and as ever I was staying loyal to Best Western.

I parked with no problem as there was plenty of room and the young lady on reception was fantastic and full of smiles and personality despite being busy. I'd been given a room upgrade (room 62) and was delighted at the layout and cleanliness of the room. My only criticisms were no hot water in the shower (I just had a bath) and my biggest moan was a plastic backed mattress protector which meant quite a hot and sticky night! (One minor point for hotel management is I wasn't offered my complimentary newspaper as a BW Diamond for life cardholder but it's only a tiny issue)

I ate from the bar menu which was well priced and very tasty with tables at a decent height to eat rather than some places where you eat from your lap at night.

I enjoyed a peaceful (if sticky) nights sleep and tucked into a full English with great coffee in the morning and checkout was a breeze.

In summary a good hotel I'm sure I'll return to, well done!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lovely hotel, staff on lounge/bar & at breakfast could have been more attentive! Wrong food delivered to kids meaning my food got cool. Ignored twice at breakfast... Other than that, reception staff were lovely & hotel overall was really nice! Would stay again if in the area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here while attending my best friends wedding and I was over the moon! We were greeted by the lovely receptionist and she was very helpful.
Everything about the wedding was superb right through from service to food. Attention to detail was amazing.

If that wasn't enough, it was so nice to leave the following morning still feeling the same after a wonderful breakfast, all of the staff were so attentive to our needs especially two of them (can't remember names) who were both so warm and very talkative with us all, its nice to see personality aswel as proffesionalism.

Overall staff were fab, room
was great and food was fantastic!

I would definetely reccomend this hotel to everyone.

Thankyou :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We are a family with three kids 5 and under and stayed for one night last Wednesday, as we were to visit a nearby theme park next day.
Upon arrival we walked in with lots of luggage. After check in we were told our room was in a separate building...grrrr so off we went struggling with luggage and three kids. At no point did reception staff offer any staff to assist us ..anyway got to the said building, dragged the luggage upstairs (no lift) only to find the room was downstairs. ....the signage in this building was highly confusing, would have been nice to be warned by reception would have saved a lot of hassle!

Also a point to note when I got upstairs the hallway window was wide open - low position so any child could have easily fallen through. Thankfully I had seen this before my toddler and I swiftly closed it. Hotel bosses please take note.not very family friendly!

Anyway once in the room was very nice and clean , spacious, couldn't fault it! The bathroom was fine. Only thing is there was only a shower and no bath but not much of a problem as staying for one night only.

I rang reception once to ask if my mobile phone could be charged, staff member flatly advised they couldn't help and that was sure that no other staff member had a samsung phone charger I could use for a short while (hard to believe).

Breakfast was very good, atmosphere pleasant. I must say staff member Pauline at breakfast was very very nice , friendly and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure we were ok and offered to send our toddlers milk to our room which we very much appreciated. Please take note Best Western , your other staff members should be just as interested in the customers welfare as her!
I found the other staff to treat their role as 'just another job' except for Pauline.

Overall though it is a pleasant hotel which deserves its 3 star rating. I would rate it 3 1/2 out of 5

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WRHretford, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your constructive points which I have taken on board. There is a large sign in the accommodation with clear instructions on where bedrooms are located, I assume you missed this?
The window you have mentioned in your review I believe meets building regulations. Staff are not allowed to use their own mobile phones during work so unfortunately there wouldn't be a lot of phone chargers in the hotel to replace your missing one. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay overall.

Regards, Andrew.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

A big thank you from Mr & Mrs Greenaway......

We booked our wedding about 9 months in advance and was so excited. Our day was perfect and can not thank the team who were so attentive and polite on the day. Nick, you and your team are an inspiration and you made me feel like everything was taken care of, nothing seemed too much of a both ( even though I kept on adding things :) ).

Jessica on reception took care of all our guests and their rooms, Alice and Simon were fabulous and Glynn on breakfast was so lovely!!!!

The food was devine, service perfect and wish we could have our day all over again!

Room Tip: If it is a special occasion - the bridal suite is FABULOUS!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
WRHretford, Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your review, it's always satisfying to hear when the happy couple have a fantastic time. We hope to see you again soon.

regards, Andrew.