“simple yet comfortable stay”

Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vilvoorde
the hague
“simple yet comfortable stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Situated close to the Vilvoorde railway station (rear side), yet we didin't hear any noise from the trains. From there you're in Brussels center in 10mins.
It's also a 2-min drive from the highway.
Very friendly staff, closed car-park, comfortable rooms including free WI-FI and tea/coffe making facilities.
Good value for money !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for a weekend in May. The hotel is functional, reasonably comfortable and clean. This is simple accommodation, but good value for money at a competitive price. Excellent location, close to the Brussels ringroad and 5 minutes walk to vilvoorde railway station for a fast connection to central Brussels. noly suggestion would be clearer signage for drivers arriving, as although the hotel is adjacent to the main road, access is through the adjacent industrial estate & not so obvious. A confortable stay and a great price.

Room Tip: the hotel car park is accessed from behind the hotel, not from the main road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I like fuss free hotel when traveling on business. The one is it. Good location for business with short walk to the railway station to get to Brussels Central or other locations. The hotel restaurant is good. You get a European breakfast buffet spread which is better than most 3 star hotels. I had lunch and ordered the chef recommendation which made my day. The room was clean and spacious enough. The bathroom was okay except for the hotel shampoo. Better bring your own if you can. If you get good weather, you can enjoy sitting outside the restaurant for a drink. It is pretty quiet over the weekend. So you can take a walk or jog to the town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rover4aday
Woking, Surrey
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is next to the railway embankment in Vilvoorde but, surprisingly, the noise of the trains is far from intrusive!
The hotel is not dissimilar to a Premier Inn in the UK - a good, basic standard offering you everything that you need, including free WiFi, but lacking in power points in the bedroom - there was only one usable (without disconnecting the TV) in my room.
The bed was clean and comfortable and, whilst the room was not spacious, it was possible to work in it easily.
The restaurant offers a decent breakfast and not bad dinners, too! Some of it even tasted as though it was prepared on-site. My only concern was mashed potato with the consistency of Plasticine and largely tasteless!
Overall, you get what you pay for and this was not too bad!

Room Tip: Ask for one facing away from the railway station - probably an odd-numbered room!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed in Campanile Vilvoorde for 2 nights last week. I am used to staying in 5 star hotels in Egypt, Turkey and Morocco and stayed in some decent 4 star hotels in Europe so I knew this was going to be different. But I needed to be in Brussel for medical treatment, so a decent bed was all we needed really.
Well, there was a bed, but it was hardly decent. I am a bit of a germafobe, but the room was disgusting! Stains on the sheets, smears on the bathroom walls, brown finger smudges on the bathroom door, dodgy looking white stains next to the bed (clearly bodily fluids..) hairs in the bathroom and I found some sun seeds on the floor left by a previous resident. There was carpet on the floor, which I find very unhygienic, but one would think they could at least vacuum it.

We had two very bad nights of sleeps. It was way too cold in the room (for me). But once we figured out how to work the heather, the smell was so overpowering that it gave me a headache. So I opted for wearing all my clothes at night and putting our 2 coats on the bed.
We booked a room with separate beds, and it were indeed two individual beds, but they were shoved together so it still feels like you are sleeping in one bed. The pillows were also useless.
The hotels was very noisy at night, and in the room itself, the airo in the bathroom was so loud it sounded like the shower was constantly running.

The worst part was when I had to take a nap in the afternoon after being in hospital all day. I put on the do not disturb sign on the door and went to bed. But when I was almost asleep, someone from the hotel just walked into my room!! Found me half asleep and confused in the bed, decided that was no problem and said she had to install something on the tv. She worked on the tv for a few minutes, flipping through the channels with the sound on quite loud and then left.
I have never had something like that happen to me in a hotel, ever!! And to me this is completely inappropriate! For starters, my nap was completely ruined, but what if I was doing something else in there, or if it was a strange guy coming in to my room or if I was naked. Hotel staff should always respect the do not disturb sign!!

So it is safe to say, we will not be returning to Campanile Vilvoorde.
Were there any good points? The hotel is situated in a industrial area, so a bit grim, but it is also next to Vilvoorde train station. Free wifi, which was decent , free parking , and it’s cheap I guess.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nini v

Travellers are raving about these Vilvoorde hotels

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Luckily Was only there for 1 night , room was small freezing cold and very basic, needs decorating. No reception service after 10.30pm , we needed a heater as we were so cold, didn't eat in restaurant as menu was not very appealing altho in fairness it could of been ok, we just didn't like the look of it. No fresh milk for my tea! Breakfast was ok altho only ate a croissant and a boiled egg! It served my need for one night. Would not go back out of choice!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Derbyshire
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here at the end of November as my partner was due to visit the nearby Klinic Beaucare. This hotel was recommended by them and proved to be a winner. The hotel itself is what you'd expect for the price range. You want Hilton / 5 star type hotel then go and stay at one!

This hotel is clean, well maintained with courteous and helpful staff. The rooms are what you'd expect. Enough space for what you need, plenty of tea and coffee facilities, free wifi and very good double glazing so you can't here the nearby well located train station.

As I've said we weren't there for tourist type stuff so spent all of our time in the hotel. The staff were very good at understanding the different needs we had to the "normal" guests. Extra pillows were not a problem, getting the room serviced at a time to suit us was also no problem. They even let me take meals back to the room for my partner which was much appreciated. On the subject of meals be aware that the Restaurant is not open at weekends Friday, Saturday, Sunday so you'll need to fend for yourself. We didn't know about this before I went to the restaurant to get some food so was a bit of a surprise! However reception was able to give us some food delivery menus and via the internet we had things delivered to the hotel and all was fine.

The food at the hotel was fine. Breakfast was typical continental with meats, cheeses, cereal, breads etc and also there were boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. Bacon was also there but this was a bit hit and miss in the way it was cooked. The kitchen staff even made me some more scrambled eggs fresh when it had run out so if you want something just ask.

Bar was ok local beers are good and all reasonably priced. Big thank you to Michel who was always very chirpy and happy to explain what was what on the menu.

So overall just what we needed with a good all round stay , attentive and polite staff (no sign of Maria mentioned in earlier reviews!). If we go to Brussells again it will be for the tourist side of things so would stay nearer the city centre otherwise we'd stay here.

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilvoorde
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
#8 of 12 in Diegem
pentahotel Brussels Airport

Been to Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde? Share your experiences!