Aeolis Hotel
US$55
US$98
US$79
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfabulous holidayrooftop poolhotel is locatedharbourferryseaislandaugust
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

the Hotel is perfectly located for Samos town.
All the staff are first class and a credit to the Hotel.
The rooms are probably. a touch on the small side but good and clean.Great bar with satellite tv.Adequate breakfast.Very good construction.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

You have to be sure you will be staying in one of the renovated rooms. If it is an old one, they are 1 star. Breakfast is really poor. Lady at the reception is a nervous one :(( Waiters on the front cafe, some are very nice, some you would not want to meet. This is the first time I have hard times to tell good things about a hotel. Location and the view from the sea view rooms are great, but that's all. Search for another one if you have an option.

Room Tip: Try to take a sea view one, at least you will have the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was to spend a total of six nights in Vathy, Samos in August 2013. I arrived by ferry at Vathy Port and, having been to Samos a few years before, I remembered a hotel near the harbour, The Samos City Hotel. I booked in for one night (24th August). Thankfully I booked for only one night. Give The Samos City Hotel a miss or only use if you have to. The following morning I booked a room at The Aeolis Hotel.
I stayed in this, The Aeolis Hotel, for a total of 5 nights (25th to 28th August and returned for one night on the30th August 2013). The 2nd floor front (2 nights) has a good view but somewhat marred by utility cables. The 3rd floor front (2 nights) has a fantastic view of the harbour. For my final night I stayed on the 2nd floor with a side view which was a lot quieter. The view from the front rooms more than make up for the bit of extra noise. The staff at both the reception and the bars are very friendly, the two ladies on reception helped with everything from advice on where to go and what to see on Samos to sorting out the air conditioning controls (Do Not touch them, they have a mind of their own, the reception lady warned with a little smirk. Surly? No! Just a great sense of humour sometimes lost in translation maybe). The barman in the main bar found the Manchester City game on the tv just for me but be warned about the Ouzo, it's very potent although the result of the game was not so good..
The position of the hotel is very good for the town and the KTEL bus station is only a 10 minute walk along the sea front. Breakfast is good, rooms are fine with a small balcony. The reception area and main bar are pleasant and the roof top bar has fantastic views of the habour and town lights in the evening. In general the rooms to choose are on the 3rd floor front. If I pass through Samos Town (Vathy) again, this is the place I would stay. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor front are a little noisy but have great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a family with 2 young children, we got connected rooms which was very convenient. Very uncomfortable matress and pillows, we asked for softer ones (pillows) which we got in the follwing day.The location of the hotel is perfect. The breakfast is of good quality & quantity. Overall good value for money, although the pool & jaccuzzi in the terrace was out of use due to the late season (26 October).

Room Tip: ask for sea view rooms in the front side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had come to Samos only to get to Ephesus, but we wish we had had more time to spend on the island -- next time! We arrived via ferry in Pythagoria and took a taxi to Samos town, where our hotel was.

When we checked into the hotel, I dealt with what I would call a surly receptionist. Not very happy. The room was OK, with a nice little balcony overlooking the main street and the harbor. Breakfast was excellent. And on our last day there, we needed to catch a very early taxi to get us to an early plane from the Samos airport. The clerk at the desk (different from the one we encountered initially) arranged to have an early breakfast set up for us and in time for us to make the plane.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the harbor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple