“Heavenly.”
Review of Selana Suites

Selana Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Chrisopigi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The owners and proprietors of this boutique hotel are extremely helpful and nice. In addition, the wife is an excellent cook. She prepares a traditional Greek dish daily which is delicious. She was very accommodating to my son's pickiness with food, making him his favorite noodle soup every day. This made him happy, which was a relief since he doesn't like Greek food. We stayed on the second story suites which offer more privacy than the ground floor. The hotel's proximity to the bay cannot be beat. It is a five minute walk to very clear water. The beach is not entirely sandy, it is partly pebbly with larger rocks. If you are looking for a sandy white beach with waves this is not the place for you. What you will get here is a breathtaking view of white church surrounded by blue waters. On one side of the church are giant rocks which people like to sunbathe on. The other side of the church is the bay with its wonderfully clear water. You can swim way out into the sea and head for tall rocks on the left that you can jump off of. There are tavernas on either side of the bay which serve decent food. The hotel itself has a pool which was great for my kids (ages 11 and 13) because they enjoyed swimming in it after a late lunch. Even though the hotel is 3 years old, everything looks pristine and new. We will stay here again when we return to this lovely island.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Picky08

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My family stayed at Selena Suites in June 2013. We have just spent 7 weeks travelling to different European locations and Selena suites was one of the nicest hotels that we stayed in. The rooms are larger than average with many having a generous private sitting area, everything is spotlessly clean, well maintained, and tastefully decorated. You are made to feel genuinely welcome by Ireni and her mother Crissoula. (not sure of correct spelling for names). The beds are very comfortable and it is very peaceful and quiet.
The breakfasts are home cooked from fresh ingredients by Crissoula, and are excellent, she even cooked dinner for us one night by arrangement. Our family voted the breakfasts at Selena suites as the best of the trip.
The location is perfect, with a great view over the ocean and the Chrysopigi monastery. The beach is close by and is ideal for relaxing and safe for small children. There are 2 taverns close by for evening meals and a lovely cliff walk to Faros with more taverns and another beach. The hotel is not far from the town of Platis Gialos. Whilst on a map Selena Suites might appear slightly isolated, there is a reliable, regular bus service and a good road for people who hire a car.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and our only regret is that we did not have more time there.
If you are looking for a relaxing holiday by the sea, with beautiful accommodation offering hospitality and great views then Selena suites will be ideal.
Thank you Ireni and Crissoula we would love to return one day.

Room Tip: All of the rooms offer sea views and are quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EllenR2907
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Not sure where to start... pictures don't do it justice... Upon your arrival (20min from the port) you see the beautiful view from the cliffs... then you arrive and get escorted to your room by the friendly staff. The rooms are spotless clean, with nice bathrooms and nice white contemporary decor. We had room #8 which is a nice big room with a couch area and a nice big bathroom with tub, on the lower floor which opens out to the pool area. Room #4 above us is one of their smaller rooms, no couch area, small bathroom with no tub, but it has a private balcony. Breakfast is more than a continental but not a huge buffet. You have a beach minutes away by foot or drive 5 minutes to Platys Gyalos, Apollonia is 15 minutes, Kastro is 20minutes. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed!!

Room Tip: Request room Number #8
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank boti
Reviewed 16 August 2012

In June we (Greek/Scottish Couple) spent 5 memorable nights in Selana Suites which was perfect retreat from the minute we arrived. We booked through Thesaurus Travel (Jana) who organised everything and couldn't be more helpful, I would recommend using them as they are fantastic. Selana suites is family run and you are taken care of the minute you arrive to the minute you leave and if you are like us you won't want to leave! The accommodation itself is tranquil and offers the most beautiful Aegean sea views and overlooking the small church at Chrisopigi. A short walk takes you to the beaches (there are a number of them close by) and there is also a great taverna beside the sandy beach. We hired a car to see the Island which is worth doing but we loved the fact that you didn't need to go far as Selana and Chrisopigi is the perfect place to stay. The accommodation itself is of a very high quality offering a modern style which is immaculate and comfortable in tranquil surroundings. Irini and her family are really friendly and make sure your holiday experience is special and memorable attending to your every need. Breakfasts are plentiful where you can sample the lovely homemade spinach and cheese pies as well fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, pastries etc and you can enjoy breakfast with the beautiful views. We loved Sifnos and Selana Suites and will definately be coming back in the future as our holiday here was perfect at every level.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, but if you budget allows go for Classic or above as you have a separate lou...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine K
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This July, I took my youngest son, aged 13, travelling around Greece for three weeks. Through a wonderful American website (http://www.greektravel.com/) I found a travel agent based in Sifnos (http://www.greecetravel.com/aegean/) who was a godsend. Jana helped me plan every detail of our trip. She was thorough, efficient, friendly and, best of all, had the local knowledge to shield us from time wasting delays as we travelled across the mainland and to several islands. Her recommendations were all valuable, but her very best decision was to book us into Selana Suites in Sifnos. It was heaven.

ON a hill overlooking the beautiful Church at Chrisopygi beach, Selana Suites is small, relaxed, comfortable and elegant in its simplicity. We were welcomed by Ireni and her brother Adonis, who manage everything except the kitchen, which is the province of Chirsula, the talented, warm and attentive matriarch of this family operation.

As a surprise to my youngest, my partner and two older sons planned to meet us on our second day in Sifnos so that we could enjoy a rare family holiday together. Ireni, Adonis and Chirsula were all in on the secret, and played along to ensure that Cole had the shock of his life when the guys finally arrived. Chirsula made a beautiful dinner for us. Organic local lamb, vegetables from her garden, everything freshly and perfectly prepared. It was wonderful. We could have stayed forever. They were the best hosts you can imagine.

I've been home for a day and I miss Irini's perfect Freddo Cappuccinos, I miss the gift of freshly picked figs that Ado would so kindly plop into our greedy hands as we sat by the pool. I miss Chirsula checking with us every so often to see if we could be tempted by one of her many homemade delicacies. I miss waking up to the perfect view of the endless blue Aegean, and swimming everyday on a different beautiful beach in the clearest and cleanest water I've ever seen. I miss the cacopheny of the night sky, so busy with stars. I miss the chance to hear Ado play his bouzoukia.....

I guess I'll just have to save my pennies and go back again some day.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with family, I think any of the rooms would be fine. But if you're loo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PAKLondon09
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I recently stayed at Selana Suites on Sifnos. I seriously recommend this family run business, that welcomes their guests in a warm hospitable way and is serious about making your stay unique. The resort is very clean and the rooms are decorated to a high standard with the emphasise being comfort. I was most impressed by the peace and quiet. An ideal place to relax and take in the wonderful views of the Aegean and the pretty Chrisopigi Church. A couple of good taverna's situated on the local sandy beach. The hotel offers a very plentiful breakfast including different types of sweet and savoury pastries, eggs, bacon, yogourt, fruit, juices a variety of different coffees and lots more. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be back when I get the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pandora1953
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We visited Sifnos for vacation this August and we decided to stay at Selana Suites for 5 days. This place is a dream. It is recently built, I think two years ago and the location is unique, probably one of the best sites in Cyclades islands. It is very close to the beach of Chrisopigi, one of the best in the island. We were looking for a place to relax as we have a very busy life and our choice to stay in Selana Suites was the most suitable. Everything in this place is in complete harmony with the character of the island, elegant, sophisticated. Our room although it was on the ground level, close to the swimming pool, had the quiteness we needed. It was very nicely decorated, with a minimal style, all white and modern. It was also very spacious and made of high quality materials. The bathroom was also very spacious with all details carefully selected. During night the place is like a planetarium, you can see millions of stars in the sky and you can hear the sounds from the sea. We were lucky to have a full moon in one of our nights and no words can describe this experience: the moon coming up just behind the monastery of Chrisopigi, rising from the sea. The view to the Aegean Sea from our balcony was magical. Breakfast was delicious and with a great variety, it was a pleasant surprice as it was much more than continetal breakfast which their category is serving. It really worthed getting up early to have breakfast and start our day. Many of the items served were home made by the owner Ms. Chrisoula, like the spinach pie and the cream pie is something not to miss. It is also worth mentioning that the owners are truly warm and caring, very happy to assist and make our vacation an amazing experience. We will definately return next year as the combination of Sifnos and Selana suites is a succesful one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Marios P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chrisopigi
Petali Village Hotel
#4 of 8 in Platis Gialos
Smaragdi Hotel
Smaragdi Hotel
#1 of 3 in Artemonas

Been to Selana Suites? Share your experiences!