“very good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Laiya
china
“very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Been there just a week ago. Have very good experience since I was there with my family. Its a good place for family bonding. Its quiet and private. The food can be improved but it was buffet so still worth the money. I love the dinner because they have BBQ. I love the overall look of the place its natural-looking not modern (from which you want to get away from) The place is really relaxing. Makes you want to retire in the beach. The staff are also courteous and helpful. I will definitely comeback and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank max88China

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Loved the resort's rustic look, layout and location. It is not a very large place but I think the resort size was just right. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in Loft D. The rooms were spacious but aircons were too small to cool the rooms. Staff gave us electric fans but they were not enough for us to sleep comfortably. The bathroom light was busted and the water coming out of the shower was weak. All meals are taken in a common area located at the center of the resort. The ambiance was good but it can get cramped at meal time because there were too many chairs and tables set to accommodate all the guests. We chose this resort also because of the swimming pool situated very near the cottages. Again, it was a disappointment because the water was murky. I hope the resort's management can do something about the observations I've made. This place has a lot of potential.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank PeppermintGal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

By the time we reached the resort at 2pm, we were very hungry from the long trip. We asked for their food menu to order for the family lunch. They replied to "Sorry ma'am, kitchen is closed for lunch and we do not have a food menu" Then I got pissed off! It's my first time to encounte a resort that don't serve food upon ordering. 2PM my gosh.

I asked the waitress, so what food could you offer me? I have 2 kids with me very hungry. They replied, we have PM snack which is part of Sabangan's full board meals. Then we waited 1 hr. Guess what?! PM snack they served is tasteless Pancit bihon with turon. No other choices. To add, same procedure for dinner, breakfast and AM snack. Imagine if you are allergic to chicken and coconut milk that the food hey served during dinner, you have no other food choices bec they said they don't have a food menu esp to foreigners!

PM snack-pancit bihon/turon
Dinner- chicken/coconut milk veggies/pork grilled liempo
breakfast- did not bother to eat bfast
AM snack-tasteless palabok

I believe this is constant food they serve.

Dont be deceived by the good pictures in the internet, the rooms are bad and lots of bed bugs.

I will never come back in this resort ever again!

• Stayed December 2011
8 Thank shugz_21

Travellers are raving about these Laiya hotels

Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

There where 6 of us and two kids and got a small hut with 2 bedrooms. Arriving at noon after a 3-hour drive from Manila, we were starving. There was no lunch provided so we ordered our lunch which took more than an hour to prepared so I started munching on the almonds in my bag. What's great about this place is that you get inclusive breakfast, morning snack, afternoon snack, and dinner. The breakfast and dinner were fine but I really enjoyed the snacks with their great turon, pandit, palabok, puto. The rest of the meals were fine. Our room was meek and lots of bugs that my wife asked to spray the rooms again. I had bug bites on my face and my nephews had them on his chest. We pray that these bugs do not carry dengue or H-fever. Note: bring your anti-bug spray. I guess this is with all hotel rooms in the province. The bathroom was shared and fine. There is a more modern hotel next to Sabangan called Aquatico which I found to be out o place for these polynesian beaches and the their pool was their highlight that rarely did their guests venture the beautiful beach. With a great bar, great halo halo, this place is pricier. I still prefer the polynesian feel of Sabangan. They provided you with kayaks for your convenience too. I enjoyed sitting at the so-called living room facing the beach getting some work done specially with their free Wi-FI. I would still recommend this place for families but don't expect a high end place. If you like the island feel then this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for 1A or 2A which is beach front.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank halcyon-7
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

To stay in a resort Laiya, San Juan Batangas is a refreshing break from the usual family outing where some members of the family stay behind the cottage and tend to the cooking and preparation of food. Laiya beaches are offering the complete package for total convenience - be it for family, couples or an individual. But not all resorts wit the package could brag that their customers are satisfied with the service, specially the food.

Sabangan Beach Resort is truly worth the stay for our group. The package for 8 people is a cottage with two rooms with A/C, complete meal breakfast, lunch dinner and two snacks plus free use of swimming pool and kayak.

The resort itself is planned well, trees dominate the place, so you get a good shade anywhere you go. There are strategically places hammocks in certain areas. The cottages have good distance between other cottages which gives you enough privacy.

The cottage which we were assigned is a two-bedroom cottage with 2 queen-size beds in each rooms, all air conditioned. The room was spotless when we entered, the interior decor itself was well planned and not just any ordinary design.

The food was better than the other resorts in Laiya that I have been too, but they could make their selection more friendly to people who prefer vegetables. Coffee was great! Dining area is at the center of the resort which was great!

The beach in San Juan, Batangas is much better in terms of swimming compared to its sister town Anilao which is asnorkeling and diving must go place.

The staff are all courteous! They go out of their way to help out a guest and they are always giving service with a smile. Truth is, there is no reason for a guest to complain about.

And, they don't allow loud noises and karaoke which I think is also a plus.

Over all, I will go back to Sabangan beach resort.

Room Tip: All cottages are great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dasmarines, Cavite, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

just recently stayed last April 29-30, its actually our 2nd time in sabangan, first was 2 years ago where you can still bring and cook your own food...now its already part of the package which is actually more convenient...everything is the same...even better but the food...beef was rubbery(not until the following morning when they serve tapa hahahaha), liempo though is yummy...pm snack was pansit palabok which when i tasted it, i got confused if its really a palabok or what( need to pour in patis to make a taste) pansit bihon has the same story...but... generally we enjoyed our stay in sabangan with the help of acuatico(had our buffet there when got unsatisfied with the meal in sabangan and it was fantastic just a bit pricey)...we'll be back surely this december in laiya...in acuatico..hehehehe

Room Tip: choose new rooms away from the beach...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hernan A
Northern Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

On the beach. It also has a nice swimming pool. Rooms are in cottage like structures. Very clean and comfortable. Rooms include all meals but they dishes are all Filipino and may not be to foreigners tastes.
Very competent staff

Room Tip: there is a videoke outlet next door and goes late in the evenig,ask for a room on the opposite side
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Philippinebob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laiya
Virgin Beach Resort
Palm Beach Resort
#1 of 6 in Laiya
Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort
Acuaverde Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Sabangan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!