“Convenient, Modern, Clean”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elanora
Ipswich, Australia
“Convenient, Modern, Clean”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for the weekend for a nearby Wedding and this resort was perfect for what we needed. For a cheap $89/night we weren't expecting too much however we were blown away with what we walked into. Friendly staff (and dog!), easy to access studio room (8A), clean and modern room, TV, couch, portable hot plate, very comfortable. The resort is located next to The Pines shopping centre (Woolworths, Kmart, cafes, BWS, etc) and is a short few minute drive from Currumbin, Palm Beach and approx 30min to Surfers Paradise. Only thing I needed was a hairdryer (forgot mine) but I survived without. We would definitely return to this resort and recommend it to anyone needing accommodation in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessie T
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you Very much for taking the time to review Bay of Palms - We are so happy to hear your expectations have been exceeded during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time your are on the Gold Coast. Ann Michelon Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glasgow, Montana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our group stayed at the Bay of Palms for 11 days. There were 55 of us! Ann & Ian were so accommodating & helpful! The majority of our group consisted of teenagers & it was the perfect place for us to stay. The rooms are comfortable & well equipped for even an extended stay. I personally stayed in a room with a view of the lake & it was nice to wake up every morning to that view. There are laundry facilities for the guests to use, a nice pool & hot tub area, a game room, a small bar, and a bbq area for guests to use. There is a shopping center VERY close & other attractions nearby. Ann & Ian were more that helpful when we had questions or needed help making arrangements for the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our little Resort - Both Ian and I were sad to see you you all go. We hope you all arrived back home safe and sound for your 4th of July Celebrations. We hope to see you again in the not to distant future.
Dalby, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My friend and I stayed in a studio room for our week's holiday. Our room was very well equipped for self catering, and very comfortable. It overlooked a beautiful lake which had a pathway along one side and came to a park playground area. This resort is in a quiet and peaceful area away the the noise and bustle of Surfers Paradise, but close enough to drive to. It is also close to a shopping centre. We booked the courtesy RSL bus and had dinner in the RSL (very enjoyable) and used the free drink vouchers we received when we checked in at Bay of Palms. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Radarwot
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the tine to review our Resort. We look forward to seeing you some time again soon. Dont forget we do special prices for returnee guest. Ann
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Was the perfect place for us. Near the airport but far from surfer's paradise. Had rented a car so that was not an issue. Very friendly staff. Beautiful lakeside with benches and clean rooms. Honestly cannot think of a negative point. We took the one bedroom apartment for a week.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Bay of Palms. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back some time again soon. Ann Michelon Manager
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We spent 10 days at the bay of palms and we couldn't of been happier!! The room was fantastic with a living room area and kitchen with separate bedroom - the room looked over the lake and the view was incredible!! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable - couldn't fault it!! The pool area was fantastic. The resort is next to the shopping centre as well with everything you need!!!What made the stay at this hotel particularly special was the staff - they couldn't of done more to help us - I can't recommend enough!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the lake !!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen M
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bay of Palms. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. - Wishing you all the best for your up coming wedding. Ann and Ian
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great time here, stayed 20 nights made friends an staff were helpful they would stop an chat there's not a bad thing I could say about this place A+++ for cost and everything else

The pool was always looked after bqqs cleaned everything well maintained

Will be telling everyone about here

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ella M
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bay of Palms - We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. It is always great to hear people love our little slice of heaven as much as we do. Ann Michelon Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

The Bay of Palms is essentially a cheap and effective little resort, one that ticks all of the boxes without necessarily going just that little extra mile. I stayed in one of the studios, which was perfectly fine, and exceptionally spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable, and there was a few appliances provided including fridge, microwave, kettle and even a toasted sandwich maker which I really wish I had got around to using! All the rooms are adjoined to another unit through a connecting door, which is handy if your in a family break situation, and despite reading beforehand that you could hear everything next door, I most have had very quiet neighbours as I didn't hear a thing. One small downside was the entrance through a patio door at the front, and being on the ground floor facing the pool, I had to keep the curtains closed during the day time to keep out prying eyes.

I arrived quite late on in the evening, and was worried that I may have issues as I had understood that the reception had closed after 6pm, but I needn't have worried as with a nifty little night safe system, I was able to pick up my keys just by calling the, on the cool little night phone.

I definitely made the most of the pool and hot tub area when I could, although sadly on my last two days the hot tub was taken out of action, which was a little disappointing. Also utilised by many other guests was the BBQ plates near the pool side, which seemed to be a pretty popular way of cooking for yourself during the week.

I rarely interacted with the staff as it wasn't too necessary, although at one point there was a bit of confusion as to the length of my stay as the resort had lost my booking details. From what I could ascertain a certain percentage of the units where for some sort of private lease with the others available to the public, and the resort went to show my room to some private leasers only to find my stuff in it!

The resort itself doesn't have a resteraunt (although there is a bar), but it is right next to a mall which has many eateries in it, and I also that if you have a car it is a little more advantageous. Buses do stop nearby also.

At the end of the day for a 5 day stay at this price, my expectations where never particularly high, but they were all pretty much met. It was an enjoyable experience and one I would happily repeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Phil T
Michelon, Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your great review. I would like to apologise for my staff over site when showing another guest through the resort - this should have been checked more thoroughly. We do get a lot of people coming through to view the resort for future stays. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time you are over in Australia. Ann Michelon (Manager / Owner)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elanora
Alpha Sovereign Hotel
#11 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
#18 of 32 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Bay of Palms Resort? Share your experiences!