We booked our holiday months ago in planning to make Lanzarote our honeymoon. When we arrived at the Arena Dorada about 1800 we were firstly greeted by a huge digger outside the complex. we had no problem getting checked in and staff were friendly enough. We went to the room B5 and were totally gob smacked by the shocking state of the room we had been given. Firstly walking to the room there was cockroaches down the path, and no lighting. when we put the key in the door it looked like someone had kicked the door in previously. the windows we loose and rattely. We had no hot water and had to use someone elses in B8 we had made friends with, There were holes in the sheets holes in the walls cracks in the ceiling and walls. The fridge was leaking water and was rusty inside and out. The bathroom mirror was broken and rusty. The water was yellow like dirty, The plug behind the television was hanging off and got a shock from it, you could see through the towels, there was no cloths to wash the dirty sick out, no kettle and no pans. We could hear a gurgling noise from the sinks all night long.
It was the worst experience I have ever had and would NEVER EVER recommend these apartments to anyone. We got transferred to different accommodation eventually after making about £30 worth of calls to the UK. In my opinion these apartments should no have been let out until they were at least standardized to something better than what we can only describe as a hostel. We paid £738 for our holiday and it was hell hell hell. please please please dont stay here I wouldn't give them a £5 a night. I will be seeking a refund and will be writing to traiding standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Information General.• The Arena Dorada Apartments are located on the island of Lanzarote, in the tourist resort of Puerto del Carmen and close to the wonderful beach Fariones. Location• Located in a privileged area of Puerto del Carmen, as it is in the middle of it and can walk nicely by a long avenue near sea.This• 2 minutes walk from the beach• 7 km from the airport• 13 km from Arrecife (capital of the island)• near restaurants, terraces, shopping, etc. .. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arena Dorada Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arena Dorada Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Arena Dorada Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen