Arena Dorada Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Las Rocas(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Relaxia Lanzaplaya(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Rocas Blancas Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Apartments Parque Tropical(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Plaza Azul(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Las Palmeras(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Cinco Plazas(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Princesa Ico Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Aqua Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
All reviewsblock dthe main strippool areaself cateringexcellent locationon arrivalno air concoffee makerquiet at nightreception staffhalf boardring hobbars and restaurantsthe ground floorpots and pansapartment was cleancentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just returned from a week's stay at Arena Dorada and they were amazing value for money. I requested a top floor apartment in block D and on arrival the receptionist was very helpful and handed over the keys to D18. This apartment had an amazing view to the sea and was also quieter as it was away from the pool area. Apartment was spotless with top notch furniture. Great sized balcony also.The apartment itself is HUGE and very modern looking. Beds extremely comfortable, with new foam mattresses. Beach was noticeable from our balcony and mountains/volcanoes were noticeable too with sun hitting the balcony all the time!

Secure location as apartments are fenced off. Location is excellent, turn right from the complex's entrance and you're on the main promenade, with great shops and restaurants (I'd definitely recommend Don Rafeal's Mexican Cantina, Chiquito Steak House and American Indian Cafe) located either left or right and the beach is right in front of you! Great, tidy pool area with clean toilets too.

The only downside of my stay at Arena Dorada was the maid service. We arrived on Monday and the maids cleaned our apartment the following day which was great. However on the Thursday, a maid arrived at our door and only gave us fresh towels and said that cleaning would take place tomorrow(Friday). By 5pm Saturday the maids had still not been in to clean our apartment since that Tuesday and we had to go and ask at reception, where they said it should have been cleaned that day and instantly a maid arrived at our apartment. We were told that cleaning occurs every second day but I saw no evidence of this: I think a new routine has to be enforced!

All in all, great apartments, excellent location! 100% would return again :-)

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment in block C for a pool view, Apartments D13-D24 are high up and have great views, D1-D12 have large terraces with sunbeds!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cat09876
Reviewed 26 June 2014

our family of 4 have just returned from a terrific week holidaying at the arena dorado we were allocated C8 which was a pool view first floor apt, the aptartment was spotless, plenty of space we had an 11yr old and a13yr old and they spent a lot of time in the pool, we had a small problem with the wifi, which the really lovely lady called mercy on reception sorted for us, she also allowed to stay an extra 2 hours past checkout time, free of charge, and encouraged me to take any of the free novels in reception, one small gripe is, there was no kettle in room, so we used a saucepan which was annoying. we enjoyed peaceful nights, no noise or insect problems, will definitely return, thanks so much to mercy and her staff.

Room Tip: any room on block C for pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank rolofiona
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at the Arena Dorada on the recommendation of a friend who said that it was basic but clean.

The location was very good, just metres away from the seafront and it was very quiet - no noise at night.

My studio was in Block E. Good size room with seating area, double bed, mini kitchen (2 ring cooker, microwave and fridge) and shower room. There was a TV in the room with some English speaking channels, a refundable deposit of €3 is required for the remote control. It appeared to be clean but as the week went by the maid only emptied the bins 2 or 3 times, the towels were changed twice but never had a very clean smell and the sheets on the bed were not changed at all. The floor wasn't swept or mopped during that time. If there had been a sweeping brush in the studio I would have done it myself, but there wasn't.

The pool area was nice and never very crowded, but you had to be out early to get the sunbeds where the sun wouldn't be obscured by the palm trees from early afternoon.

I asked if there was somewhere to have a shower on my last day as the studio had to be vacated at 12 and my flight wasn't until later in the evening - there wasn't. This was the first place I have stayed where there were no changing facilities.

The cost of the stay was very reasonable and because of that, I shouldn't ask for more, but the cleaning of the apartment and the lack of changing facilities after check-out tainted my view of the Arena Dorada. Don't think I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isbrealetaisteal
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lovely extra- large apartment facing the pool(ask for pool facing rooms all in C block)
Central .Minutes from main promenade but also quiet. Well furnished with new quality mattresses.
No comment on food as we were self catering and there are a host of wonderful eateries on the promenade ,a 3 minute walk from the complex. We took advice from tripadviser on places to eat and they were spot on.
Thanks everyone!
No kettle-make tea in the microwave! No aircon in the apartment but Lanzarote cool breezes flow well through the whole apartment. However this was June......not so sure about August!
Jacuzzi not working and more parasols would improve overall pool experience.
4 nights cost 120 euros..
A delightful stay on a lovely island.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for the room you need.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thirdagetravellers
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having stayed her last year myself and loving the apartments I recommended them to members of my family, my Brother in law had been through a tough two years with cancer and had finished his last session of chemotheraphy so I e-mailed the Arena Dorada requesting if at all possible a pool view apartment as the would be spending most of the holiday on the balcony, they promptly replied and said they would do their best to accommodate, not only did my family get a pool view but also a sea view with a complimentary bottle of wine, thank you to management and staff for making their holiday a great one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family