“Great stay in Maribel Apartments”
Review of Maribel Apartments

Maribel Apartments
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Just got back from a great stay at the Maribel Apartments and can recommend this small, comfortable and quiet complex.
We chose these apartments as they are near to the Vik San Antonio where some of our party were also staying and what a great choice as the location is excellent right on the front of PDC about 2 mins walk from a myriad of shops, cafes and bars.

Our 2-bedroom apartment (No 15) was off the back street of the complex with a small balcony and pool view.
The room had everything you could wish for including, microwave, toaster, iron & ironing board etc and was very clean and comfortable and had a certain homely feel.
The pool was small but looked very nice. We never had chance to take a dip but I’m sure it was fine.

The reception however was non-existent and we never saw anyone during the whole 8 days of our stay.
On arrival there was a note with our name and apartment number pinned to the reception door with a map giving location instruction and advising that the key was in the door. It also asked us to bring our passports to reception the following morning, which we did and tried again on several more occasions but there was never anyone there. In the end we gave up and on departure just left the key in the door.
Having mentioned this it was never an issue and if we did require assistance there was a 24 hour emergency number.

We did have a cleaner every other day who mopped the floor, left clean towels and loo roll etc. who always arrived after 11.am which was great, as we did not have to rush to vacate before she arrived.

PDC is a great resort with a constant strip of bars, shops, cafes & restaurants stretching along the front all way from the port to Matagorda.
Prices can vary from bar to bar but if you are on a budget there are plenty of great places to eat and drink for very reasonable prices.
Breakfast was around 2.50 euros and you could get a pint for 1.50.
The cheapest we found was Bus Stop Central, which was a bar towards the port end of the strip. In the day it was 1.20 euro for a pint and you could get a bucket of 10 bottles of Sol Lager or only 10 euro.

Try American Indian bar for a drink and live music (they also do food but we never ate there). The resident band “Question” plays from 10pm almost every night and are a soft rock band. On Sunday however there is a Country Music band who are absolutely brilliant. I didn’t get their name but if you are into the Country style of music, it is a must.

All in all we had a great time in PDC and stay in the Maribel Apartments and although they are quite small and do not have the facilities of the larger complexes they were ideal for our requirements and we look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank GaryGSheffield_UK

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Just back from the Maribel apartments, I wrote 2 weeks before arrivel and asked for a balcony overlooking the street. On arrivel @ 7pm there was a notice in the reception window with a little map showing me to my apartment, sure enough it was overlooking the street [room 42] the balcony was very big and had a large table with 3 chairs & two sunbeds, a good suntrap from 11.30am till sun set. Its a 1 bedroom apartment with plenty of cupboard space with a safe, no charge for that! The kitchen/sitting area is large with a fridge/freezer microwave toaster kettle full cooker and coffee maker thing. Never used the pool but checked it out nearly every day on my way out, never saw anyone there ever! some apartments are used for people who rent them permanently. Only saw the manager once, he seemed a good sort of guy, on the day we left we could stay in the apartment till we needed to, which was 4pm, we just asked the cleaner and she said ok no prob. Will def be going again & asking for room 42

Room Tip: Room 39,40,41 overlook the strip with sunbeds and two bedrooms, Room 42 the same but 1 bedroom. Sunn...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rgodri1
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Lovely location just around the corner from beach, shops and restaurants.

Apartments in a garden setting.

A lovely relaxing holiday, a small pool, but sufficient for all guests.

Room Tip: If you want sea views ask for No.28, 42 1 bedroom or for 2 bedrooms ask for 38 -41. If you want...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HORTIE
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 4 nights in these apartments. The best thing about the place is the location - as other reviewers have mentioned. The apartments are right on the main 'strip' overlooking the sea. For the price of the apartments this is an ideal location, you can't get much better for the price.
The location is about a 5-10 minutes walk away from the centre of the Strip but with plenty of bars and places to eat this isn't a problem. We went in the beginning of December so the whole resort was quiet anyway but being just outside of the main part was even more quiet. I can imagine this would be completely different during the height of summer.
So the apartments themselves... First impressions were very good. We were allocated room 10 which overlooked the pool and also had sea views. The place itself is a good size and has plenty of space to unpack. There is a safe which is available to use for a small deposit and I would recommend to use, but we always use when we go anywhere. Being a self contained apartment I was impressed by the facilities in the apartment. Ours came with a microwave, toaster, full oven, fridge and even a coffee machine. There were plenty of plug sockets available too which makes charging iPad and 2 phones easy. The only thing I must say at this point is that the sockets were a multi extension and I personally didn't think it was all too safe! If all sockets used at the same time this caused the electricity to trip out which we discovered on day 2 of our trip!
We also had a problem with our toilet during our stay in that when it was flushed the system would not fill up properly which was very annoying as you can just hear the constant noise of water. These problems we would have reported and I am sure they would have got sorted out, however we saw the owner on the day we checked in and never saw him again! We were given a telephone number to use in case we need him but that was it! We noticed that other people never even saw him when they checked in and were greater by a note on the door!
The pool is small but clean and tidy. I can imagine that if you visited here with children they would get very bored very quickly.
I think the best part of our apartment was the balcony, which I have already stated that overlooks the pool and also has sea views. This is one of the best balconys we have had whilst staying in a hotel. Big enough for a table and I would say 2 loungers too. Our balcony was a right sun trap and pretty much got the sun all day as it moves round. We were pretty unlucky with our weather as it was cloudy but it was December though!
We enjoyed our time at the Maribel but I don't think we could have stuck it for longer than a week though!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank purpler0nnie
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just back from a week at the Maribel Apartments and had a great time. We booked a 2 room apartment as my step-daughter and her boyfriend were going with my wife and I. On arrival, at 8.30pm, there was a note on the Reception Door saying there had been a problem with our room due to unforseen circumstances and we would be put in 2 apartments,result away from the teenagers, one with a sea view at no extra cost. My wife and I took this one, room 42, and were delighted with it. It had a large living area and kitchen. The kitchen had a large fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, cooker and all other required condiments. The bedroom and bathroom were of good size as well. The balcony overlooked the strip and had enough room for a table, 4 chairs and 2 sun loungers ! It was a total sun trap as well. The apartment was spotless and the cleaners kept it that way at all times. As other reviewers have said these are basic apartments but when you are on holiday what more do you need ? It's a brilliant base to explore the town as you are at the quieter end off the strip but there are still plenty of bars and excellent restuarants. The Manager can not do enough for you and was very helpful as were all the staff we spoke to. This was our 3rd visit to Peurto Del Carmen and the first to the Maribel but we are already looking forward to visiting agina in May.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Scott1873
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Styes here for 5 nights with a group of friends you are about a good 15 min walk from the main strip which is nice as your not in the middle of it all but there are also plenty of bars and restaurants around too. 5 mins from the beach. Only annoying thing about these apartments is there was never anybody there in the reception area and when we checked out we were told to just leave our key in the door which I thought was a bit strange.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank H9YYL
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Very small complex about 28 apartments, very basic old furniture but a lovely clean place to stay. Cleaners came everyday & cleaned properly. Brilliant manager would do anything for you. I definately recommend these apartments. I spent everyday at the pool, saw it being maintained & cleaned everyday, never very busy loads of sunbeds always plenty to choose from. Supermarkets, bar, beach & main strip all withing 1 minutes walk. No bar or Restaurant in complex.

Room Tip: Very small complex so any room is ok
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple