“Fantastic Views”
Review of El Cangrejo Rojo

El Cangrejo Rojo
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We chose to eat here mainly because of the great views but we weren't disappointed with the food. The menu offered pretty much everything. My partner had the special burger which was huge, two burgers, cheese, bacon and an egg in a bun, and it came with chips and side salad. My grilled mixed meats was tasty but came with vegetables and potatoes. I'd have preferred salad and chips but we were under the impression everything was served with potatoes and vegetables. After having starters and mains we had no room for deserts but when we asked for the bill we were given a complimentary drink. Good food, good service and great views . Well worth a visit.

1  Thank ShellyC23

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ate here with my family on our last evening in Lanzarote and we were all really pleased with the meal. I had the prawn and bacon tagliatelle and it was gorgeous! My Mum said her lasagne was the best she had ever eaten, the fajitas were really tasty and the steak was cooked to perfection. We sat on the terrace at the top overlooking the sea views so this finished of our holiday perfectly. Couldn't fault the food, the sangria or the staff!

1  Thank Emz19872011
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant last week during our holidays, mainly because it looked to have a great view over the old town.

We were very disappointed, the service was terrible, it took about 15 minutes for someone to take our order, I was ready to walk out! Apart from one gentleman all the staff were unhelpful and pulled a face when asked for something.

Then the food.....my husband order fillet steak medium to well, it came bleeding and just cooked on the outside, we asked the nice waitor to cook it for longer which he did and then it was OK. I ordered a pizza and asked for bacon on it, it was covered in bacon fat, no meat just fat! It was awful.

Won't be visiting her again and will definitely not recommend to friends!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My fiance and I have been to this restaurant three times in total. Returing again on our second visit to Lanzarote. We sat on the balcony each time which gives a lovely view over the bay and the street below, and in winter they have heat lamps so you can stay outside. We recommend the Ox steak, which is cooked to your taste on a hot stone beside your table.

2  Thank cmacki22
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We walked down to the harbour area during this visit following on from stumbling across this restaurant last time. We were not disappointed.
Staff were pleasant and attentive without being overly so.
Cooked me something which wasn't exactly on the menu, although the basic ingredients were, to me the sign of a good place.
Food was of a good standard, and reasonably priced.
Superb views over the water, watching the sun go down.

1  Thank PamelaW31