“Thank you!”

and up
Scuba Diving Experience in Lanzarote
Ranked #2 of 40 Tours in Puerto Del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Diving Lanzarote is a scuba diving centre located in the old town, only 150m from the access point to the best diving on Lanzarote! (holds full authorisation from PESCA) It is an English owned centre, with a team of friendly, fun, safe and professional instructors, who are on hand and ready to cater to your needs. There is a variety of diving available, mainly shore based - with a couple of sites needing a boat, which is available on demand! For the beginners we have the perfect location for try dives, we also run courses from PADI Scuba Diver all the way up to Divemaster, we have a fantastic range of dive sites for all qualified divers.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As 'summer' divers, my husband and I were keen to find somewhere to dive that was sunny and affordable. After a quick Google search of diving locations, we chose Lanzarote. After seeing that Manta Diving had so many positive reviews on here, we booked accommodation close by.

We did six dives and thanks to the friendly and professional staff, each dive got better as our confidence grew.

The wetsuits were brand new so they were snug and I didn't feel the slightest chill in the Atlantic. (I get cold easily!) We hired all equipment and had help selecting the correct weights. The centre is safe, clean, well organised and friendly.

We started with a gentle dive with Ollie along the harbour wall. We saw an octopus, a cuttle fish and some barracuda. The next dive was from a boat where we saw groupers, pipe fish and crabs. Following this, Dave took us on a dive around the bay. I thought he was really great at helping us to recap our skills and I really liked the way he tailored the dives to suit our ability and confidence. (At the time of our holiday, there were some very experienced divers there whereas we had only completed our PADI AOW last summer on holiday and had not been diving since.) I felt his time, effort and attention to detail really got us progressing.

The final three dives were "wow" dives where we came up so excited to note everything we'd seen! We did the 'Blue Hole' and saw a seahorse on the way. I'll never forget seeing hundreds of sardines being chased by barracuda. We loved the dive so much that we did it again the the afternoon!

Our final dive was to the 'Cathederal' with Joe. He's so enthusiastic and friendly. Just before the entrance, we saw three really big groupers close up. We loved this experience! We also saw a moray. In the cave, the colours were shining and we loved looking at all of the wildlife in there.

The only reason we stopped at six dives was because I needed to do some sunbathing before heading home to the cold, wet weather! I also thought we should finish on a high as it may be another 12 months before we're under water again.

We would like to thank all the staff at Manta Diving for making our summer holiday memorable and would definitely visit again.

1  Thank VEB14

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been to Manta a few times now , and looking forward to going back in September. Whether you are young or old, experienced or novice, you are looked after by a very professional
team. It has a lovely relaxed and fun atmosphere. lots of laughter (not when you are diving of course) I have my own kit, but the equipment there is excellent.facilities too. It is a second home to me. I am an experienced diver. but anybody thinking of giving it a go. once you step inside Manta doors, all you fears will banish !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Thanks to everyone at Manta Diving, especially Dave and Joe. Third year i have dived with Manta and the service, atmosphere, friendliness and quality of dives just keeps getting better. Do not dive with anyone else until you have tried Manta Diving. Congratulations to Ben and Rachael on the birth of their beautiful daughter.
You will not be disappointed with these guys, as they welcome you into their dive family. Quality of their equipment is excellent, knowledge of the dive sites is spot on and the atmosphere and humour is great. Keep up the good work.

Rachel P, Owner at Manta Diving Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments! It's a pleasure to take you diving and to show you some new dive sites. We hope to see you again next year for some dives!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Back again with Ben and the team excellent dives and great fun with all the team best diving in Lanzarote !

Thank you for the review, it was great to see you all again! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lanzarote!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hey guys, Alison and Ian here :D went for our very first dive last monday morning and we thought it was that amazing we just had to go for another go on wednesday morning, you guys were so professional and kind you didnt make us feel stupid bout things we didnt know you treated us amazingly :D thank you for such a great experience already making plans to come out next summer to do our padi open water course, I would recommend any body who wants to try it out to go to manta diving school

On each morning we were collected at our accomodation by the guys and brought to there centre, we were then given out equipment and a briefing on what to do under water by ollie, and brought out to the water and in total we were under there for at least 30-40 minutes it was an experience of a life time and were planning on going back next easter or summer to do our open water dive course :P

Thank you so so so much to everyone at manta diving for this experience

Thank you very much for your kind comments! It was a pleasure to share the diving bug with you both! We are looking forward to teaching you and Ian your PADI open water course next summer and showing off our underwater world again!