“no horror stories here.”
Review of Las Palmeras

and 1 more site!
Las Palmeras
Ranked #34 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
“no horror stories here.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

nice quiet apartments, clean and basic with a free safe and small sun terrace outside each room. very well kept grounds small unheated pool and just a minutes walk to several supermarkets.
The reception ladies where warm and friendly even letting us stay in our rooms till our pick up at 4 pm on our last day.
most apartments get some sun at various times of the day depending on the time of year.
If you want a small quiet apartment with no horror stories and a few minutes walk to the strip and don't expect luxury hotel standards then you can't go far wrong booking for the Las Palmeras, however be quick as this place is popular.

Room Tip: rooms16 17 18 and 19 get sun at the front of the terrace/balcony all day (in summer) with shade at...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Bob M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed in these apartments for a week in October. Very quiet when we were there. The apartments are basic but clean and comfortable. Esther and her team do a good job. The swimming pool was very cold. Quite deep even at the shallow end - I am 5'7'' and could just about stand on the bottom on tip toes.There are a few supermarkets nearby most selling fresh baked bread. Reception has limited hours but we didn't mind. Esther had asked us to e-mail her our arrival and departure times and her husband was in reception waiting for us when we arrived. Quick and easy check-in. She very kindly let us stay in our apartment until our coach transfer arrived on the day of departure. We enjoyed our stay here and would book again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank wilso1986
ireland
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend over the New Year period and once again the apartments are spotless great value for money.

i was a bit disappointed with our apartment this time we got no 17 (we had previosuly stayed in no 1) which got no sun on the balcony but is right beside the pool so i just took the balcony chair out there when i wanted to sit out instead of lying on a bed.

They are nice quiet apartments close to the strip we will definetly be staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms that seem to not get sun are 16,17,18 i would ask to try get a room that gets sun on the b...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ldoll
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed in Las Palmeras with my boyfriend in Sept 2012. It only cost us 280euro for 8 nights stay, which was really really good. It's a small gated apartment complex, so feels very secure. We arrived outside of reception hours (make sure you email to let them know you're approx arrival time), the taxi dropped us to the wrong Las Palmeras but we just asked in the apartments next door and they told us where to go, only 2mins down the road. Someone was there to meet us and there was no issues.

The apartments were spotlessly clean, bigger than some other places that we have been to, so I was really happy with that. We had a balcony apartment (number 19) however the apartments on the far side of the pool got a little bit more sun. If you want a pool facing balcony make sure to specify that in an email as some of the apartments were on the far side of a big wall. From the ground floor you won't be able to see the pool at all, from the balcony I reckon you'll get a glimpse of the pool.

I read a lot of reviews for this place and a lot of people picked up on how cold the pool was. I didn't think that was the case at all! I thought it was lovely after a long day on the beach to come back and hop in for a swim. However it is ridiculously deep, and that kind of bothered me, I couldn't touch the bottom in the shallow end, nevermind the deep end!!! My boyfriend is 6 foot 2 and the water in the shallow end came up to his chin! I tend to get a bit nervous in deep water, so although I enjoyed the pool, a few minutes in it at a time was more than enough for me!

I found it difficult to make up my mind about this place. I understand why it's so popular on tripadvisor. Our apartment was great, safe was included in the room at no extra cost, cleaners were good and quite friendly, it's a nice small complex. It came at a great price for what was available. It's really close to the beach and within walking distance of pretty much everything!

What bothered me was the reception opening times (just a couple of hours in the morning) I like to have more of an option when it comes to booking taxis, asking about restaurants or activities to do, or if a problem should arise in the apartment. When we called into reception on our last day to book a taxi to the airport there was two people at reception NEITHER ONE HAD ENGLISH!!!!! One rang Ester, think she's the woman in charge, and I had to explain over the phone what we needed, she then told me she would pass the message back to reception, that made us a bit nervous incase there was a mix up in communication because we needed the taxi for 4.30 in the morning!

You also need to remember that there's no pool bar, I didn't think that would bother me but obviously I'm a creature of comfort. It would have been nice to have somewhere to go for lunch and hang around the pool all day. I think because of the lack of somewhere to go the pool in itself was really quiet. Most of the time there was no one lounging around the pool at all!!! Felt a little bit like a ghost town!

Take what you want from my (lengthy!!) review. There was nothing wrong with the complex it just depends on what you want as an individual! I'm still going to rate it highly because it was great budget accommodation.

P.S a lot of the restaurants we used to go to on the strip have closed down, the old town have all the great restaurants!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank LilyLoughman
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The staff were very friendly and accomodating.
Apartments are very clean in general , the cleaner is very thorough.
The pool is also a nice size and very clean.
We also loved the location, its 15 minutes from the airport in a taxi which cost us about 17 euro.
But do recommend booking a transfer with a local travel company works out about half of taxi fair !
It is a 5 minute walk to the sea front with bars, restaurants and Puerto Del Carmen's main beach which is fantastic. There is 2 spar shops just around the corner which is very convenient.
Thanks for a lovely stay !!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sws82
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We've just returned from a 5 day stay in Puerto del Carmenwe were over for a friends wedding and with our wedding coming shortly we needed something on a budget. I have to say were were extremely happy wuth the apartments. They were spotless, comfortable and the staff were friendly and accomodating. I really couldn't recommed this place enough. Its only 5 minutes walk from the main promenade and beach and another 5 to the old quarter of town. The area is very peaceful and quite. A great place to stay for a couple or family.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Anthony C
canada and usa
Reviewed 18 July 2012

To begin with, Ester, the manager caters to your every need with the warmest smile. When we arrived the apartment was squeeky clean and it stayed that way thanks to one of the nicest cleaning ladies! The apartment has everything you need and the location was perfect, right around the corner of the beach, supermarket, and the lively nightlife. Very quiet complex, made for couples and quiet families. 12 minutes to the airport, very reasonable rate... The apartments can't be beat!!

Restaurants to try: Taverna de Niño and in the old town, El Golfo for real Spainsh food. Oriental World for Chinese.

Tour recommendations: Custer Travel "south tour" 33€ with food, great tour.
Express tour to the green caves for a natural wonder: Last Minute 20€.

Tour buses pick you up on the main beach street, 5-7 minute walk from apartment.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are the sunniest.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple