“A must try this”
Review of Casa Cabana

Casa Cabana
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casa Cabana offers a varied menu with plenty of choice of good freshly prepared food to satisfy our broad customer base. Fresh ingredients and home-made desserts, a good vegetarian selection, fresh vegetables and daily specials have made our restaurant one of the most popular in the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote.
St Helens, United Kingdom
“A must try this”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Another brilliant restaurant in the old town. A little hidden but worth finding. Cannot be faulted. English owned

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cheekypheasant

bathgate
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Casa Cabana is a must for a visit if you are in Lanzarote. English owned and all food is home cooked. Try the delicious home made steak and ale pie! All food is fantastic, prices are good and service is excellent. It would be advisable to book, as can be very busy.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank tiffy22
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Fantastic Last Night Meal”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We really wanted to eat here after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately it was our last night before this was possible and upon arriving at the restaurant we realised we had a big problem. So many delicious meals on the menu - how could we pick only one!??? We ordered drinks first and finally made our decision. We ordered starters and opted for smaller portions for mains in order to leave room for desserts. This is the only restaurant we found to offer smaller main courses but it's a great idea if you want to have 3 courses. Although not available for every dish there were around 5 on the menu including the liver and mash and black pudding stack which were our choices. Food was delicious, restaurant lovely and staff really friendly. Shame we are going home tomorrow but we shall return.

2 Thank ShellyC23
Barry, United Kingdom
“Perfectly Special ”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I hope this is taken in context as the honest review it's meant to be, as according to my husband I'm a food snob (you should see the belly he's developed since meeting me and being my willing guinea PIG almost 6 years ago lol) ...

With the glut of restaurants available across all of Puerto del Carmen, finding somewhere special and intimate enough to have a wedding anniversary meal for two initially felt like a challenge. Thankfully, the community here in Trip Advisor helped with the lovely reviews of Casa Cabana. So having looked on their website for directions and an indication of the style of food, decision made and I e-mailed them a few days ahead to make a reservation.
We arrived and were taken to our table which had been thoughtfully decorated for the occasion, and we were made to feel so welcome in their restaurant. Ordering was not rushed, we felt they strike the perfect balance of customer service and attentiveness. I ordered a half carafe of wine - nice touch that the bottle of choice is opened in front of you and poured.
On to the food, ordered starters (breaded mushrooms and camembert) which when they came didn't look home made (I may be wrong here) but were presented beautifully, cooked to perfection and tasted delicious - I could have eaten more but I continued tucking in to the complimentary bread while we waited for the main course. In my opinion, again these guys have it spot on with the timing of bringing the courses out. I ordered the fillet steak, black pudding and cheese stack (in the small plate portion - such an excellent idea) and I had the choice of blue cheese or peppercorn sauce, opted for the wonderful real peppercorn sauce with hubby tucking into beautifully cooked fillets of sea bass. My steak stack - mmmmmmmm I died and went to gastronomic heaven with the flavours dancing on my tongue! Our dishes were served with a selection of vegetables and two potato options - all of which were again cooked to divine perfection.

I really really wanted to forget about decorum and really really wanted to lick my plate clean!!!!!!!

Again, the staff were perfect in their attentions and understood that we were not yet ready to order dessert. Sitting there watching patrons come in, it was clear that excellent customer service is a mainstay of their ethos, greeting return customers with friendliness that doesn't overwhelm and remembering details about their preferences.

Onto dessert - with such a mouthwatering selection we had opted for the trio to share, and while the white chocolate cheesecake and the chocolate bombe were divine I found myself disappointed by the use of 'squirty' cream for the Eton mess. Although based on experiences of different meals on our trips this may be the norm. Our next visit may see us asking for the special for dessert as I get the impression it will be the special for good reason...

In total our bill with 2 starters, 2 mains, dessert trio, large beer, lemonade and half carafe of wine came to just over 60€, representing excellent value for money for the high quality of food and service we received and we are hoping to squeeze in another visit before our trip home, as we really did enjoy our meals and experience here. (For me to insist on a repeat visit is telling enough as I consider holidays to be the perfect opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone usually)

As a note to the owner and/or staff if they read the reviews on here - thank you very much for making us feel so welcome in your restaurant and the nice touch of decorating our table, it is easy to see why you rate No1 in the reviews xx

2 Thank Msgirl2009
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Glad I took a note of this restaurant”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Checked on TripAdvisor before our holiday and found out that this was the top rated restaurant in Puerto del Carmen. Glad I checked it out and now see that it fully deserves its rating. We almost did not get in as we had not made a booking but the young lady said to come back at 9.00pm and she would find us a table. She was as good as her word thankfully! We had a wonderful meal in a lovely restaurant. Fishcakes and camembert for starters were followed by beef stroganoff for me and the best sea bass my wife has ever had for her. For this along with a bottle of wine and coffee the bill came to under 60 Euros. Incredible value!

• Visited June 2014