“Mind changing”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free dishes from around the world. See our website for the menu. Also available vegetarian wine and beer. Open from 6pm Tuesday to Sunday. Closed Mondays. We are the only 100% vegetarian restaurant on Lanzarote.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Visited late May. Never been to vegetarian restaurant before but this has made me think again.
Wonderful food,service and very helpful friendly co.owners excellent value for money. Did not miss the meat. Will return

1  Thank Cheekypheasant

Reviewed 16 June 2014

You have to look carefully for the Blooming Cactus, it's a bit out of the way, not far from the port in Puerto del Carmen but if you are looking for a nice, quiet place with good food and friendly service this is the place for you.
It's the only veggy restaurant in Lanzarote but also it's one of the few places in Puerto del Carmen where you can find good food.
It offers a small selection of tapas, with greek, indian and mediterranean influences.
We've been twice in one week and we tried a bit of everything; Felafel is a slightly different than usual but really good and the breadcrumb cheese with honey is amazing, just to mention our favorite.
The lady give us some good advises about the island and places to visit.
Definitive, our next visit to Lanzarote will coincide with another dinner here!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Saw this reviewed on Tripadvisor and though we'd give it a go.

It's along a backstreet heading away from the little port.

Lovely little place. They recommend about 3 or 4 dishes to share (if there are 2 of you).

We had Houmous and Pitta and the Lasagne was light and fluffy and delicious. It's all veggie or vegan.
My friend isn't a veggie but he thought the food was amazing.

Wish we were staying longer as we would have gone again.

1  Thank 143viv
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Friendly, fun place to go for a relaxed meal. Great service and really tasty food and as a vegetarian I could order everything on the menu - so we did.

Really garlicky hummus and creamy tsatsiki. Even my meat eating dining companions loved the veggie chilli. Oh and do have the red salad as it's gorgeous.

They're only open in the evenings and don't take cards but do go and seek out this little gem. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank romycat_10
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been a visitor to Lanzarote for the past 3 years. I noticed this little restaurant on my first visit to Puerto Del Carmen but had no time left to eat there. On my second visit to the island I encouraged my friend and her family to try it we me. None of us are vegetarians but we had a delicious meal. This year I have had 2 meals there, 1 on Friday 28/2/14 and another on the following Tuesday 4/3/14. Both days the meals were absolutely delicious, piping hot and well presented. I love everything about this restaurant, the food, the staff, they are fantastic, they guide you through your choices, being a non vege this was very helpful. The atmosphere, with soul music playing gently in the background. The Blooming Cactus is a true gem and well worth a visit