“Great Diving”

Safari Diving Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: The only legally operated dive centre in Lanzarote located directly on the beach in Puerto del Carmen - an unbeatable location here on the island for scuba diving! No long walks in full kit in the baking heat or kitting up at the back of van! We offer daily shore and boat diving (as we have our own hard boat ) and therefore can offer you the most dive sites - all at the same price - no extra charges for boat or night dives!!. Courses for the beginner and qualified divers too. Pleasure diving too, for the solo diver or groups (with discounted group rates!) - who can use their own instructors to teach or can dive unguided at times to suit you. English owned with a professional and friendly dive team. Open 7 days a week, every day of the year! We also have a couple of bars locally where our divers meet to relax, listen to music, play bingo (with cash prizes), have quiz nights, load their video/photos on our plasma screens and meet fellow divers. Family friendly safe holiday resort with lots to do for the non divers too. As all our sites are on our doorstep you are not gone long from any non divers in your family/group. We will not be beaten on like for like genuine quotes! Other make promises - we deliver!!!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got back from Lanzarote and whilst there did some diving with Safari. Had a great time; made to feel totally welcome by all the team. They kitted us out with all the necessary gear gave us a fresh set for the second dive of the day too - a great touch! Only down side is there isn't much room to sort out your stuff (and felt we were getting in everyone's way, but no one really minded!) It's a busy bay with lots of people diving, but we still managed to see some good stuff - including an enormous ray that 'flew' over my daughter's head! The two boat dives were good and seeing my first wrecks and angel shark was fab too! I can thoroughly recommend them - thanks Adam and Daniel in particular!

2  Thank AMNBanbury
"playa chica"
in 36 reviews
"dive club"
in 11 reviews
"the location is perfect"
"marine life"
in 19 reviews
"completed dives"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2014

As part of a cross-Atlantic cruise, I organised a dive with Safari Diving Lanzarote. They were excellent, picking me up from the ship and dropping me back. I'm a relatively new diver and the guys really looked after me - the pre-dive briefing and buddy check were most professional. We managed to fit in two dives, one of which was the Blue Hole. The highlight would have to be Felix the Groper and the sea horses. I would recommend this to anyone on a cruise ship that stops at Lanzarote for a day but organise it in advance to maximise the dive time.
Michael

1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This place seems to be the main dive centre in Puerto del Carmen, with 10-12 divers on each dive. Dived "blue hole" (more "blue swim through") and "old wrecks". Water was 20 degrees mid may and visibility about 12m. Some interesting stuff, like sea horses, cuttle fish and angel crabs, but Red Sea or Indonesia it ain't. No coral that I could see. Dive outfit are efficient and safe, although you have to kit up outside as there is very little room inside.

1  Thank Kiplet
safaridiving, Owner at Safari Diving Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review about SAFARI DIVING LANZAROTE, we appreciate your feed back. It is unusually chillier for us this time of the year but then some would consider 20-21 degrees water temp a luxury aye! We do have a changing area but as we are a popular dive centre this does not always accommodate all the divers, but we consider it better than changing outside of the dive van in the road as you would have seen many of our competitors doing.
Our luxury is our location being directly on the beach and our abundance of fish life. Many divers arriving to be pleasantly surprised by this including barracuda, rays, stonefish, sea horses, angel sharks and much much more. Our normal visability here is in excess of 20 metres so you hit us on a bad day - unfortunately.
Also this is a great holiday location for all the family not just a dive resort, with the local Spanish people welcoming children of all ages. Lots to do and see on the island and lovely restaurants and bars all close by. Including our own Divers Bar, the CHILL INN.
However we do hope you enjoyed your time at SAFARI, with the team and maybe one day in the future we will see you again. Wendy

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went along to see Adam at Safari Diving on recommendation of a fellow diver who dives Lanzarote 4/5 times a year and I was disappointed. Made to feel as part of the team from the word go. Dive morning I met Jordy who was ace. Very professional with his approach to safety, and paperwork etc then once that was out the way became the most enthusiastic guide anyone could ask for. Because of his passion for the job it made the experience a very special day. Not to mention we seen a Huge!!!!! Common Ray, Angel Shark, 3 Eagle Rays, 3 Octopus, 4 Sea Horses, huge shoal of Tuna, Shrimp Cave containing thousands of shrimp, ship wrecks etc etc etc. All captured on my GoPro on two dives. One of which was a boat dive and the don't charge extra for it!! All in all an amazing day. However it didn't end there. The team at Safari Diving are a really good bunch of humans and I know why Keith at Kernow Diving brings his lot over each year. They even charged my GoPro for me. For all the non divers like my mrs Safari Diving couldn't be in any better location. It's on a beach about 20/30 steps from a in house reef. Slap that mask and snorkel on and there's an amazing world at your feet in 2 ft of water. Venture a bit further and you can see the divers in the crystal clear water down below. Want to dedicated this dive to Jordy my Guide for finding me as many amazing fish and sea creatures as possible in two dives and the Mrs who kindly sat on the beach reading her book whilst I had fun in the water.

2  Thank Team-Rock

Hi there, thank you for your lovely review. When I started to read it and read disappointed, my heart sank, but then I realised this was a mis-spelling and should have wasn't disappointed! lol
As you say Keith and his fellow divers are regulars of ours and I am glad they recommended us to you. The team at Safari Diving work hard to ensure our divers have a great holiday here and it is a lovely reward for them to read reports such as yours.
Glad you had a fab time and maybe next time you are here, your wife and myself can go for a bit of shopping or coffee? Wendy