“Still THE BEST in the Islands !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Safari Diving Lanzarote

Safari Diving Lanzarote
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in Puerto Del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: The only legally operated dive centre in Lanzarote located directly on the beach in Puerto del Carmen - an unbeatable location here on the island for scuba diving! No long walks in full kit in the baking heat or kitting up at the back of van! We offer daily shore and boat diving (as we have our own hard boat ) and therefore can offer you the most dive sites - all at the same price - no extra charges for boat or night dives!!. Courses for the beginner and qualified divers too. Pleasure diving too, for the solo diver or groups (with discounted group rates!) - who can use their own instructors to teach or can dive unguided at times to suit you. English owned with a professional and friendly dive team. Open 7 days a week, every day of the year! We also have a couple of bars locally where our divers meet to relax, listen to music, play bingo (with cash prizes), have quiz nights, load their video/photos on our plasma screens and meet fellow divers. Family friendly safe holiday resort with lots to do for the non divers too. As all our sites are on our doorstep you are not gone long from any non divers in your family/group. We will not be beaten on like for like genuine quotes! Other make promises - we deliver!!!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Still THE BEST in the Islands !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've just returned from yet ANOTHER diving holiday with Safari Diving in Lanzarote, and I'm pleased to say the experiences I had where as Brilliant as ever ! Steve and Wendy, who own Safari REALLY do go the extra mile to ensure the customer service experience is second to none ! The facility could not be BETTER placed, sitting right on the beautiful little beach of Playa Chica alongside Puerto Del Carmen. The facilities in the dive centre are first class, as is the help and advice from the superb instructors ! Any level of equipment a diver might need for recreational diving is to hand, as are air refills from the centre's own own-site compressor. All the equipment available is in first class condition and well maintained. Once kitted up and the dive briefing finished, buddy checks are completed and with a ten second walk down the beach and into the Ocean it gets NO Better ! Safari offer boat dives in the afternoon to the slightly more remote dive sites at no extra cost in the dive package, none of these sites is more than about 7 or 8 minutes from the boat jetty next to Playa Chica. There are also free night dives a few times each week around the rocks surrounding Playa Chica bay. A full range of courses are available at Safari, from Discover Scuba Diving, right on upwards. Safari caters for PADI / BSAC / SSI qualified divers, with a large proportion of the divers being repeat customers, all of whom quickly become absorbed into the Safari Diving ' Family ' which is a GREAT PLACE to be ! The family experience doesn't stop with the diving, Steve and Wendy also have 2 bars not far from the dive centre, and these friendly places are meeting points for thirsty divers and none divers alike in the evenings, also social get togethers happen from time to time in one of the many fine restaurants within easy walking distance. The instructors at Safari can cater for a good many divers of different nationalities, with English, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German, French etc being spoken in the centre. Children are also catered for, with courses such as ' Bubble Maker ' being available to children through the highly qualified team on site. My diving preference is to travel to as many different countries as my budget will allow, but there are very few places I've been to that just keep drawing me back time and time again, and Safari is one of these. Contacting Safari to make enquiries is easy, just go to their excellent website and the info is there for you. Wendy can organize almost everything you need to get out to Lanzarote including flights, accommodation, dive packages and any courses you may wish to get involved in. So there it is, I guess you could say I like the place, you'd be WRONG, I LOVE IT ! So much so that there's a group of us going from Liverpool next May for a VERY special event in Safari's calendar, why not join us !

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Mike D

• Polish first
Twyning, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A great dive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Knowing we wanted to dive in Lanzarote, I had a look online and thought Safari Diving looked good. After a few email conversations with Wendy, I was happy with the way they did business. Safari's beach location was the absolute clincher, with a gentle amble down to the water. Once I saw other groups turning up in minibuses, I knew Safari was a good call. It's hot here; who wants to wear a wetsuit in a minibus?

Although our first dive didn't go well - entirely my fault, I have to confess - Jordy spent a lot of time helping me understand the mistakes I made, and so our subsequent dives were just great. There's plenty of marine life to enjoy, and we're looking forward to tomorrow's boat dive.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in reviews is the charging structure. All dives cost the same, so beach, boat, night, drift are all the same cost, which is good. Some people have commented on lack of changing space. It's tight, but come on, you're on the beach!

Most people are really complimentary about the staff, and this is entirely appropriate. We had a great dive with Maria, and Jordy is awesome. Patient, helpful and insightful.

If you're diving in Lanzarote, try Safari. You're unlikely to be disappointed. Especially if your apartment is only a ten minute stroll away.

Visited August 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lanzarote's Best Dive Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Safari Diving is the only dive centre on the island that I will use. The multinational staff are unfailingly friendly, helpful and professional. The centre's location right on the beach at Playa Chica (Puerto Del Carmen) means that Safari has access to the island's best dive sites along the area's reefs and walls. They also have their own boat, which means you can dive places where the other dive centres can't.

If you're new to SCUBA diving, then Safari is the perfect place to give it a try - the dive centre is only yards from a very safe and sheltered cove. I've taken several PADI courses with Safari, and the standard of instruction is outstanding.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic free snorkelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is based at Playa Chika a very sheltered bay near to Peurto Del Carmen. The dive school looks great and very professional but we did not get involved with that. This is a wonder safe and enclosed bay with easy entry into the water even for disabled visitors. Snorkelling equipment can be hired for just 6 euro per day but we have our own. The water is crystal clear to at least 40 feet and we enjoyed watching the divers going through their paces below us. Tip - take some bread from the hotel breakfast and hold it tightly in your hands releasing small particles as you swim. The fish will swarm around you!!! The coral is unfortunately dead here but there is plenty of marine life to hold your interest.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“If you dive, this centre is a MUST!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

A fantastic crew that made our holiday diving and PADI course a delight!! Friendly and sensible staff, and nothing is too much trouble!! If you dive, this is the only place to do it in Lanzarotte!! Thanks guys!!!