“Perfect Family Holiday Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Bellisima

Puerto Del Carmen Old Town Harbour
Puerto Del Carmen
Harbour Puerto Calero
Harbour Puerto Calero
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
John R
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Having read the other reviews for this villa I think I went to the wrong villa. On our first evening after a long day my partner went for a bath once she had finished I did the same only to find there was no hot water. I looked around and found a water heater in the utility area which had been unplugged so thought great plug it in and shortly have a bath. 5 mins later electric went of so re set it same again 5 mins later. Unplugged water heater and electrics stayed on gave up and had a cold shower. The following day I spoke to the owner who told me not to put the water heater on as it was faulty so he has sent us to a villa with a potentially dangerous boiler.

On returning to the villa later that evening it was really cold so decided to put the heating on fine lasted 10 minutes then went off I then discovered that the heating was connected to a coin meter so you have to pay for to use it I discovered this in the small print in the insructions but on the web site it clearly states air conditioning and does not mention that you have to pay extra for it. I have stayed in the Canary Islands at Christmas for the last 25 years in cheap and luxury accommodation and have never been asked to pay for heating which you need in winter as it turns very cold.

We had cleaners turning up unannounced and no mention in the instructions that cleaners would be coming. They turned up twice once when my partner was in bed ill and another time when she was in the shower. On the third occassion they came 3 days before we were due to leave they told us we were leaving that day and had come with bag of towels and sheets. We told them we were not leaving for 3 days so they left leaving the towels ect no offer to actually clean

On the day we were due to leave we got ready to leave at 10am as instructed however I decided to wait for the cleaners to arrive as I wanted to speak to them it got to 12.15 and no cleaners had arrived as we were about to leave a taxi pulled up outside with the new guests who on arriving were coming to a villa with no beds made no clean towels or sheets and the villa not cleaned. Fortunately for them my partner had cleaned the villa.

To summarise I find it penny pinching to charge for heating and sending people to a villa with a dangerous water heater to me is not acceptable and in my opinion is just another way to save money. The lack of communication when cleaners are coming Gardener and Pool people just walking in unannounced is not the standard I expect from a luxury villa.

John Revell

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Jan 2018
Fortunately we have never needed to reply to such a negative review, after a conversation with Mr Revell I instructed him to not use the said boiler the reason it was not connected as it was obsolete as the Villa is fitted with Solar heating The water does take a while to reach the ensuite but there is sufficient water for 6 people to shower. Times for arrivals and departures are clearly stated in the information details as is the air conditioning policy. We do try to be accommodating in the fact of dropping luggage if clients have early flights, the Villa is always impeccably clean for new guests arrival (3-00). We are sorry if your stay was not to your expectations and all comments will be taken on board along with all previous positive reviews.
scordingl...
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Perfect Family Holiday Retreat”
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Staying at Villa Bellisima really was a treat for all the family. My 2 kids (8 and 6 years old) felt immediately at home, myself and my wife in holiday mode from the minute we arrived. The child friendly pool, great spaces to relax and the legendary family pool competitions, made for an unforgettable holiday. Attention to detail and quality of fixtures/fittings, made for a superb holiday, the owners really had thought of everything, so you don't have to. Hopefully be back soon !

katrinani...
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 3 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Loved staying at this villa. Was a home away from home. Eric is such a lovely man who kept in touch to make sure everything was going well. The outdoor area was my favourite. Well maintained and many chairs to relax on! Location of the villa is great with the shop being a ten minute walk. It is on a hill but this suited me to get some exercise. Getting a taxi was easy also and arrived quickly. Best villa we have stayed at in lanzarote and will be returning without a doubt.

Willingtr...
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Family summer holiday”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We certainly experienced the wow factor upon arrival, we had a great stay, the villa had everything we needed, a super welcome hamper awaited us which was great after an early departure from the uk. We enjoyed the facilities, pool (swimming and table) darts and ping pong. We would certainly visit Bellisima when we go to Lanzarote in the future. Thanks a lot Eric.

Kind regards John & family

henryhunt...
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bellisima”
Reviewed 10 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Cannot really fault. We have stayed in many luxury villas in Los Mahones but this surpasses all others. Generously equipped kitchen, superb tasteful furnishings and a large pool set in extensive outdoor area with numerous leisure items. Well done to the owners.

KarenH119
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We have just returned from another stay in Villa Bellisima and had a great time.

The villa was absolutely perfect as always. I can't think of a single thing that Eric and Pauline could do to improve it. We have already booked to go back again next year!

ljhatch99
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family villa”
Reviewed 18 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Villa bellissima was a perfect place to enjoy a family holiday. Beautifully laid out and so well equipped there was nothing we didn't have. We had so much fun swimming in the pool and playing pool and table tennis etc we js

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing