“So good we went back”

Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: French, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: french family restaurant Burgundy wines and dishes
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Unbelievably good restaurant, it was recommended to us by long term customers and they were not wrong. Firstly the quality of the food is second to none, and secondly the price is just so good. We were made to feel welcome from the minute we walked in and it was clear to see that your custom is valued and appreciated. The wait time for the food is slightly longer than some would expect but then again perfection does take time. I am a frequent traveller and have eaten in many restaurants around the world, but I have now found my perfect little gem. I cannot wait to go there when I'm back in Puerto Del Carmen. The attention to detail is outstanding and the level of care given to each and every dish is clear to see. There choice of wines are fantastic but I would recommend to just stick with the house wines, these guys really know what they are doing so best leave the choice to them, both the house red and white were 100% spot on and complemented any meal choice, but at the end extremely reasonable. We promised ourselves a second visit on our week stay and we certainly were not disappointed with our decision, if you go to Puerto Del Carmen then you have to eat here at least once. Simply put, superb!!

2  Thank Dennis O

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Had a fab meal here lovely staff aswell u wudnt think by looking or walking past it but for a small place it's really nice an cosy great value for money aswell

1  Thank Aisling C
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have been coming to PDC for a few years now , and this fabulous restaurant is a must for us to visit. How this little place is not higher up I don't know! This is a family run business- dad as waiter and barman and mother and son in the kitchen. The food here is always Devine , although not as cheap as other places, you are however paying for quality, there is a 3 course special menu for 8.95 which seemed very popular every time we have dined here- us however love the fillet steak with peppercorn sauce- which is the best peppercorn sauce I have ever tasted!!!! I am looking forward to being back in May just for this said sauce!

2  Thank Cazza3O
Reviewed 19 January 2014

.... this is a hdden gem ..... you could easily walk past - don't!

If dining in a French restaurant on Lanzarote on Christmas Day felt a little strange at first, that was quickly forgotten as we had a most memorable meal. The fish platter was by far the highlight.

This place really should rank higher, but I get that it doesn't get the volume of reviews necessary to achieve that. They really should display quotes from the many wonderful reviews on their menu board outside - like publishers do on book covers!

1  Thank MMLee
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This place is often referred to as out of the way, hidden, off the beaten track etc. Well its not to us as we always eat here at least twice when we stay in PDC, and getting to it couldnt be easier. just walk into the old town and when you get to the first junction, you turn left towards the sea and El Marinero is 30 seconds away on the left. The food is awesome, just great and we are always leaving with stuffed bellies, which is the aim right? I also read some reviews that state its always empty. Well, sometimes yes but other times its packed and the staff that are a family go to huge lengths to allow you to enjoy your meal. They do a "Specials" menu option which looks fine but Ive never done it, preferring to fork out for the clearly freshly cooked delicacies on offer. Its a French restaurant run by French people, so you dont expect rushed food and you DO expect some French mannerisms, and we love all that. It has a lovely setting, easy to get to (if you follow my basic instructions above) and well worth the money and experience. Cant praise this place enough, and we always repeat our custom. Looking forward to May when we will return

1  Thank Wilko1882