“Only ok”

Antica Trattoria di Verona
Price range: US$24 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Description: Italian Restaurant opened since 1997. We distinguish ourselves by our tradicional italian cuisine, which is constantly adapted to new culinary trends. The well-kept selection of our fresh products makes that our food becomes an unforgettable pleasure. The quality of our dishes and our friendly and professional service will make you enjoy your visit to our restaurant. We have also a GLUTENFREE MENU and our staff is specially trained to handle glutenfree products.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed in pdc 12 nights and had 12 nights of great meals but as we stayed in BarcarolaClub just next door we were recommended to eat here but I have to stay I was disappointed . We had 3 kids with us and got 3 kids meals but have to say they were tiny portions compare to any where else but even thou food was good but stretch out protons please

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The Antica Trattoria is literally a stones throw away from where we are staying (Barcorola) and as such, we had resisted the temptation to go until near the end of our break....i wish we hadnt bothered. The whole dining experience was ordinary at best. We started with waiting to be seated..this took only a minute or so but were then left at the table for some time before a surly male waiter attended to us appearing utterly disinterested. The list of starters was poor..only a few dishes so we passed...i ordered the Fillet in Gorgonzola cheese sauce, my wife had the Chicken in mushroom sauce and my son had a Calzone. 5 mins later, we had 3 small plates dropped in our lap for the "pasta"...when we advised they were not for us, they were taken away with a swift and insincere apology....10 mins later and the same waitress brought the dishes to the table and after proudly stating the first dish was fillet, i raised my hand only for the chicken to be placed in front of me. When i said no, the waitress said "fillet in cheese sauce and fillet in mushroom sauce" and proceeded to place my fillet on my wifes table spot...WRONG!!...We waited for her to leave and sorted the dishes round ourselves. The Calzone was decent, the chicken was ok but the fillet suffered from the overwheming very strong taste of Gorgonzola meaning i could taste little else.
The place needs a reality check. Serving water in glass bottles does not excuse you from poor service and average food at premium prices. There are better Italians by far.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Fab pizzas, nice staff, good home cooking. Worth booking though as it gets very busy. We ate here about 4 times during our holiday and enjoyed it each time.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very clean and friendly staff and visited many times over the years, food and service good but menu needs updating as been same for years( apart from price increases) never seem to have a specials board which I would like to see as is a good indication of in season and fresh foods, stay away from the fish as I am 99% sure its frozen.

1  Thank PaulN34
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went here based on the reviews I had the scallop and salmon salad my wife had the pasta. very good but the service was a bit rushed