“Top place”
Review of Sorrento di Italia

Sorrento di Italia
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Kilkenny
“Top place”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Great place. Wonderful views. Pleasant staff and most importantly top class food. We ate here tonight and were delighted with the experience. There is a very extensive menu. We ate salads for starters. Both the caesar and Greek salads were excellent with great fresh ingredients. Ravioli with spinach and ricotta and tagliatelle for mains and again they were delivered from the top drawer. Desserts were a surprise. Instead of a menu we were shown pics on an ipad. All looked great but the best thing was that what we ordered looked exactly like the pic. And tasted great. Best thing I can say is that we will be going back again.

stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
What a wonderfull review we are all pleased you enjoyed the service, view and our top class food, we look forward in seeing you back with us soon, thanks for posting the revoew.

• Polish first
Co Kerry
“fabulous food - grea variety”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

the staff were not as nice as we encountered in other restaurants but the food was excellent. fab pizza and pasta. we ate here 3 out of 7 nights. my favourite by far in lanzarote.

Visited April 2014
stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for making us your favourite restaurant in Lanzarote, and so glad you enjoyed the food so much, not sure why you thought our staff were not as nice as other restaurants, as 90% of our reviews mention how good our staff are, anyway you still gave us 5 stars, once again thank you for the wonderfull review.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went for the first time in March. We managed to get a table, but I would recommend booking as it is busy even in March.
The food was great, the children's menu had a steak on it, as well as other options, they seem to have got the hang of the fact that children want to eat proper food and not nuggets and pizza every night!
The carpaccio was lovely, although not the very best I've ever had. The pasta dishes were lovely - we had a prawn pasta and a carbonara, which my husband said was the best he'd ever had.
Other food that we saw going out looked lovely too. We will definitely be going back.
The waiters were very good with children.

• Visited March 2014
stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
The children are just as important to us as the adults, and our staff make a point of looking after them, pleased that your husband had the best tasting pasta that he had ever had, looking forward to seeing you again on your return.
Thanks for taking the time and posting such a wonderfull review.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have previously reviewed this restaurant (see 'One of the best') and feel so strongly about our experience last week I feel the need to review again.

As the title says this is not going to be all about the food. I can honestly say in the numerous times we have visited this restaurant (usually 2 or 3 times a holiday) the food is always to a high standard. We have had most things on the menu, from Pizzas and Pasta to Steaks, Lamb and Fish and enjoyed them all.

On this occasion we visited the restaurant it was extremley busy, I would say almost full to capacity and it looked like all the tables had arrived at a similar time (Around 7:30pm to 8:30pm) . I assume this is a nightmare for staff to deal with both front house and chef's but they were working to their maximum, always being polite, helpful and efficient. Always providing a service with a smile.

We were sat toward the back and had a good view of the over the restaurant. The table in front of us particuarly caught our eye. They were not being disruptive or loud but when their starters arrived they either seemed to forget what they had ordered or did not understand what it actually was they were ordering either way what they were given was not what they expected and you could see they were not happy. The staff handled this brilliantly and they went on to eat their starters.

Next onto the main, from what I could see most if not all of the party of 4 had ordered Pizza's. 2 of them seemed fine and they happily started eating. Next came a Pizza which they claimed again they had not ordered and proceeded to tell the staff what they had actually ordered. It seemed as if this was something not on the menu (which Sorrento are always happy to do if possible). Anyway the staff took this away and I think added what they requested. Again the Pizza came back and they began eating. I then heard that they claimed the Pizza had no taste and demanding to see the manager !!??!! Not sure what they meant with that they had no taste, every Pizza I have had here has been great. Anyway again the staff were straight over to them and it appeared that they went away and made another fresh pizza and brought this again back over to them.

All throughout this the staff were extremley attentive, trying eveything possible to please them. Taking into account the restaurant was full and they were already working to full capacity having to turn tables away because they were full ! They handled the situation great and I honestly don't think anyone else in the restuarant noticed it was just we were sat directly behind and there was no where else to look !

In the end they finished their meal (well what they ate of it) and the staff cleared the table and brought the bill, pointing out they they had not even charged them for the Pizzas.

There really is just no pleasing some people. The staff did everything they could to make they evening enjoyable whilst still not comprimising the servie to other customers. They just showed what we alreayd knew, the food is great and the people who work their are even better ! I hope they get the recognition they deserve !

On another note we were sad to see that Alfonso (i think this was his name, often the head waiter taking orders) was only there once in our 2 week stay. Not sure if it was his Holidays or he has left but he was also a great member of the team !

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank RachaelMurrell
stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review, and for praising my staff, I was working behind the bar, which is elevated, so I can see the entire restaurant, and keep an eye on what is going on.
The party of 4 that you mentioned had no idea what they had ordered, from the starters to the pizzas, Miguel our manager took the order, wrote it down and as always repeated the order back to the customers, one of the 4 ordered a calzone pizza which is an enclosed pizza, shaped like a large pasty, when it arrived she claimed she ordered an altun, maybe she did not like the look of the calzone, anyway we took it back and changed it, then one of the other customers claimed he had ordered a pizza with chilies on, and started to abuse Miguel, ‘’wez my f##king chilies, so we took the pizza back and made another one with chilies on, he then started swearing again, claiming there was not enough chilies on the pizza, and the chilies were not fresh, again we took it back and added more chilies.
As you mentioned in your review none of my staff were at fault, and had to take abuse with a smile, I was then approached before the party left, and was thanked for not charging them for the pizza, and informed that my staff needed to take more care when taking orders, sometimes customers such as these need to take more care in what they are ordering, unfortunately some people set out to complain so they can have a reduced bill.
Once again thank you so much for showing your support to my staff, who work so hard and are a credit to my wife and I.
Steve (owner)
P.S Sitto (Alfonso ) is on holiday.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on Sunday Night (11/05/14) after seeing the reviews on TA. Very well worth the visit.

Excellent service from attentive staff who are a credit to Steve (the owner), the food was first class as was the whole experience.

Go try it for yourself, you'll not regret it!

Visited May 2014
stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Glad you thought our restaurant was first class, and thank you so much for such an excellent review, and yes my staff are the best in Puerto del Carmen, a credit to my wife and I.