“What can I say......”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was just perfect ! From the moment we entered, to the time we left, service, and cuisine was beyond reproach. Highly recommended.

stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Wow "what can I say" thank you so much for this wonderfull review, not much more I can say, other than thank you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There are so many restaurants in Puerto Del Carmen it is difficult to choose which one. So many enticing menus and greeters offering great food & service.

If you're staying down here then I can 100% recommend for you to go to Sorrento Di Italia. We ate there last night and had the best meal we have had this holiday. It isn't like a typical holiday type restaurant with but a genuinely nice Italian restaurant that wouldn't feel out of place in Central London.

Food was very well presented and good portion sizes. Very reasonably priced.
Between 2 of us we shared 3 starters, a pasta and steak main and a mixed dessert with a bottle of Prosecco and the bill was €63.

Even though it is situated at the far end of the main road, make the effort to visit this restaurant. It is certainly the best meal we have had in Puerto Del Carmen. The only reason for 4 and not 5 stars was for the medium-well steak came out medium and the wait for our bill at the end of the night was a tad slow. These two minor points aside, an excellent restaurant and should be on everyone's visit list when staying here.

Thank you for recommending our restaurant and giving us such a great review.

From the first day I opened Sorrento some 3 years ago I tried to offer our customers something different to the other restaurants on the strip, for you to mention that we would not be out of place in Central London, has made my staff and I very proud.

We take on board our customers comments and I agree there seems to be a slight difference, in Spain and in Italy, as to the interpretation the way steaks are cooked, medium to well in the UK, would be medium in Spain and Italy. As our Chefs are Italian and Spanish and most of our customers are British and English, I have now downloaded photos of the different degrees that the steaks should be cooked to.
We will now be offering our customers along with the menu, photos of the cooked steaks, i.e. rare, medium rare, medium and well done, the Chefs will also be preparing the steaks to the photos, and this should now avoid any confusion.
Once again thanks for the great review, I also given instructions to our waiters, to speed up when the bill has been requested.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great meal at the Sorrento on Monday evening, service and food top quality, me and the wife had two starters, two mains and a bottle of wine which was about 65 euro's, there will be cheaper places to eat in PDC but not many if any better

A must visit for food lovers

stephen b, Manager at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Glad you enjoyed your meal with us and of course the service, thank you very much for posting this great review, and for recomending us to other customers.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

On hols for our usual weeks break and visited our favourite restaurant on the island

The food was excellent the service was second to none and the staff could not be more friendly, attentive,friendly and helpful.

We are never disappointed when we visit and well done to all.

David & Patricia

1  Thank David L
stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you David and Patricia for your wonderfull comments I will show all the staff the review, it does make a huge difference to all of us at Sorrento when we recieve great reviews such as yours.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We visited this restaurant just after it had reopened after renovations. The food was really excellent but sadly on our visit the service was painfully slow. We might have been unlucky on that night with the service or it might have been because they'd just reopened but it put us off making a second visit to the restaurant. However, this restaurant is worth visiting for the food.

stephen b, Owner at Sorrento di Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Very suprised that you found our service slow, as the review before yours, mentioned that the service was exceptional and we have top staff,and they eat on the same night that you visited.

You are correct that we were closed for 6 nights for renovations, and we had a new kitchen installed, the restaurant was full and I was working the bar that night and of course, checking on the service. Not once did anyone complain to me or any members of my staff that the serivce was slow, if you had complained at the time I would have explained that all of our food is cooked fresh to order, even the Pizza base is prepared in front of the customers, as and when the order is placed, the same as all our meats and fish, nothing is frozen, so there will always be a delay between courses, this is why according to Trip Advisor we are number 3 in Puerto del Carmen, and the number 1 Italian.
Rest assured the slow service you mentioned had nothing to do with the renovations, as I closed for an extra day, once the renovations had been completed, to make sure we were ready to offer our normal service.

Anyway I am so glad you thought our food was excellent.