“Hidden Gem 'The Plough'”
Review of El Arao

El Arao
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We visited twice during a 2 week visit to Puerto Del Carmen and the welcome is second to none. The restaurant is a small family run affair so you have to be patient. Your patience will be rewarded though as the fish is thoroughly amazing and the steaks are cooked to perfection with truly unique sauces. I'm sure if you come here early enough in your holiday you will return before you go home.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

only tried this place because of the reviews of TA, but was disappointed :( we arrived before our reservation time and the waiter didn't seem happy about that! I order house white and waiter came and just started to pour RED! we was reading our menus and looked up and said we wanted white! he looked at us as if it was our fault! my husband ordered steak, and the waiter didn't even ask how he would like it :( my husband had to tell him, steak hadn't been rested as there was blood all over the plate :( waiter never gave us any eye contact and never brought the oil n vinegar over :( wont be returning and would not recommend

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

As is usually the case if you are prepared to look one or two streets back from the bustling front of any resort you are likely to find eateries the locals and the well informed visit. The El Arao is one of these such places.
My wife had a simple garlic bread whilst I chose an onion soup both if which were very good.
My wife's main course of spaghetti carbonara was both plentiful and of high quality. My sea food salad was fresh fresh fresh! And a simple delight.
With 2 glasses of wine the total bill was £29 A STEAL!
Very polite and attentive staff, this felt like a restaurant abroad should feel like. I found it to be in pretentious and proud.
We happened to arrive just after 2 large groups of diners and everyone coped very well with no adverse effect on service.
We will certainly be calling again before we return home

Reviewed 11 October 2013

In the past we have always visited this restaurant whilst on holiday,,but it has since changed hands and it was no way near as good as before!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very nice food and friendly service. Good fish on the menu ('seabaars' ). It helps that you can speak English :). And next to our appartment barcarola club. Will come back for the steak to try.