“Friendly - Great Service”

Restaurantes Areperas
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food and a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Bailey and Amber are excellent hosts. Steaks are a speciality

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Offers excellent value for money and wonderful service it only opened last year and we ate there almost every night of our 3 weeks holiday and took friends and relatives be warned don't order the fish mixed grill you will never finish it

1  Thank Sallyren
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Was busy which was a good sign. Staff were very nice. We went here twice during our week and would def recommend it. Fish dishes were more lush than meat dishes.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by some guests staying in the same hotel as us.
The hotel was very about 1 minute walk from our hotel so decided to give it a try.

We arrived on a Friday evening around 7pm, a fmilay of 5. There was no room left outside and we couldn't see inside. To one side of this restaurant is another one, about twice the size. They were empty though. On the other side there there is a car hire place. They close at 7.30 and at this time Arepera are allowed to place more seats and tables outside almost doubling there seating capacity. We were offered a free round of drinks whilst we waited for the car hire place to shut.
We sat down and had free drinks, I went inside to watch the football and noticed an empty table so moved our party inside where we were able to order immediately.

The waiter gave us some free meatballs on the house whilst we waited for our starters and these were so nice my daughter had them again for her dinner 2 days later.

We decided to go for the bread, garlic bread and cheesy garlic bread. 4 huge portions between 5 of us was enough for starters.

2 Burgers, Sirloin steak, T-bone and chicken kebab.

If your feeling hungry then the T bone is a must. Huge bit of sirloin so big that one section of it was not cooked enough for my liking but I ate it and it was delicious. The kids ate all of there food, aged 8,9 & 11 so can't be to bad. The steaks were very nice and not over priced.

For dessert 2 of the party had left the table. The waiter recommended the tiramisu from a special homemade menu. Not sure if it was homemade as it came out in one of them small pots straight from the fridge but it was very good so no complaints.

Free shots of Honey Rum and a fizzy apple drink for the kids this was a good night, good food and very friendly welcoming staff.

We returned on the Sunday afternoon for a Sunday roast. This time I stopped by on the Saturday and booked the table for 5 outside with a more scenic view. I was a bit disappointed when we returned on the Sunday to find no tables available.

We were then given a table inside the restaurant. It's small details like this that I find very annoying. If it wasn't for this I would have rated 4 and not a 3.

This time the service was just as good, I commented on how there wasn't enough food on the plate and the staff brought out a second plate on the house.

Service is 5 stars but getting simple little things wrong like our booking in the first place was a schoolboy error. If could have been very different if there was nobody ready to leave we would have been turned away after booking. For this I marked down the review.

We I go back?
I would not book, but if room available I would go back. The food was very nice and good value.

1  Thank ChalkyDog
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a small unassuming venue on the main road round the corner from Club Del Carmen. Had noticed it was always busy even in the early evening so decided to give it a try and so glad we did. The staff are so friendly and the portion sizes large and very tasty,the fillet steak was one of the best we have ever had.Will def be back and would recommend booking in advance.