“Ok paella but wouldn't return.”

The Sunset Grill restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an A la Carte restaurant on the seafront in the old town of Puerto del carmen. We offer a variety of food to suit any pallette. we open at 10am and close at 12pm. We offer breakfast, lunch, evening meals, and a childrens menu. We strive to have the best overall dining experience including, service, atmosphere, and high quality food. We also cater for, diabetics, coeliacs, and vegetarians.
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We visited the old town with the intention of eating but unsure where. We wanted to walk about and look at the menus but felt completely hounded by all the touts outside the restaurants, they don't leave you alone and harass you to the point where you want to walk away not enter the restaurant.

We only chose this restaurant because we got the chance to look at the menu whilst sitting having a drink at the bar next door!

We decided on the special which was Paella and Sangria for €33. We also ordered 1xGarlic bread starter and 1xChips to share. When the bill came it was €46!! We had been charged for bread rolls on the table (never asked for) and 2xStarters - even though we specifically said we wanted to share and thought what they had brought us (2 slices of bread, drizzle of garlic oil and a slice of tomato) was one portion only.

The paella itself was nice enough, we asked for chicken and prawns and it was tasty but too much lemon and I swear it was reheated as even though we were sat next to the kitchen we never seen the 'chef' cook much!!

Overall it was overpriced for what we had, I wouldn't return and wish we'd gone elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Always used this place over the years but now, I believe it has been taken over. We have used this place as it always provided a nice if basic meal.

We went on Saturday 3rdMay and the food was disgusting - we ordered a steak each and my wife prompted me that we had been waiting half an hour and there was no signs of cooking, at that point the Chef walked in and said 5 minutes whatever that was supposed to mean.

When the meal eventually arrived the sirloin steaks were full of grissle, chips were burnt and the stewed cabbage did not work with the rest of the meal had it been edible.

That garbage cost us 40 euros (1 beer each included)

Dodge the Sunset Grill - don't be tempted.

1  Thank Munro G
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just spent 2 weeks in Lanzarote and the Sunset Grill was the only BAD meal we had.
How can anyone make a mess of making a mushroom omelette and chips well they can and when I complained I was told there was nothing wrong with the meal,how could he tell? ( I can only assume the waiter tasted my meal whilst bringing to table). They insisted that the meal was to be paid even although it was hardly touched as the omelette was still runny egg and the chips were like reheats. The waiter became quite aggressive when I questioned about payment so we paid and left. The only good thing about this restaurant is the location. Owners take note The staff could do with some training in there manners when dealing with the public and obviously cooking skills.

1  Thank maggie572014
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here for a spot of lunch on our last day, while the man jockeying for punters outside could be construed as annoying by some, we found him quite funny and entertaining, also very friendly.
Not the cheapest in the area but definitely worth a visit for a quick bite at least.
Try the mixed tapas and share between two while enjoying one of the best views in the resort!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We ate here last week and were impressed with the meal we had. I had the seafood platter which was very good with plenty of different seafood and fish, my girlfriend had the tuna and she was equally impressed.
The views of the sunset were great too as this restaurant is in a great location in the old town of Puerto del Carmen.
We hadn't planned to eat at this restaurant but were teased into it by the guy standing outside, normally I won't listen to these but this one particular guy was funny and could see his tactics were working on a number of customers that evening. I have included a photo of the fish counter which a bit of all of this was included in the seafood platter along with mussels and prawns.