VIK Hotel San Antonio
Apartamentos Barcarola Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$138
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Seaside Los Jameos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$194
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Hotel THB Flora(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Restaurant
Gloria Izaro Club Hotel(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$104
  • Restaurant
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
  • Pool
Montana Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$100
US$95
  • Pool
Hipotels La Geria(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$102
US$91
  • Pool
BelleVue Aquarius(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$126
US$111
  • Restaurant
Beatriz Playa & Spa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$119
  • Pool
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$287
  • Breakfast included
2,040 results
All reviewshalf boardside sea viewolder generationreception staffevening entertainmentage groupplenty of sunbedstennis courtspool arearestaurant staffbreakfast and dinnersalt wateraqua aerobicstaxi rankvisited this hotelbit datedwaiter service
Reviewed 13 July 2008

That is a late reviev coz I stayed there last year but mabey someone will be interested. Hotel is very big but very quiet. No problems with getting good spot at swimming pool, on beach they charge you for everything. Food very good, nothing to complain here. I loved the beach, the biggest i have seen so far, and loved little forts that are made from rocks to protect from wind ( very strong wind). Animations poor during day but good at night. Big issue about this hotel is that there is loads of older people. I will be cruel but it is not a place if you count to see lot of young people and make new friends:I To do that you have to go do town and few discos:)
So apart from beautiful beaches and rich night life Lanzarote is very very very boring place. Nothing to see, no extra atractions to enjoy your stay ( and if ther are any it is just to expensive). Vilages are charming but that is all. So if you cant decide Tenerife or Lanzarote go to Tenerife it is much more beautiful and has much more to offer.
I also didnt like that there was to many Irish and English people working there.... i almost didnt met any real Canarian or Spanish!!!! Loads of Chines, or black seling chinese suwenires! Horible! And the landing airplanes all day long !!! Big minus for that. We took trip to see volcano, but that is about all you can do on that island. Good luck:)

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank magsirl
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Reading some of the comments here I am wondering if we stayed at the same hotel. My wife and I were under the impression that this hotel was supposed to be a Thomson Gold hotel where no children under 16 were admitted but this was not the case, also the food was always cold whether it was breakfast or dinner unless you got something that was being cooked there and then. Also, there was a kids pool especially for kids, so why did they have activities for kids in the main pool with a woman incessantly blowing a whistle?
The rooms are small by any standards and why have they installed a bidet in an already tiny bathroom ?
I also read a comment that all rooms have a sea view? I can say that ours definately didn't have a sea view on the ground floor.
Sorry if this seems negative but I did expect more from a 4 star hotel.
We will visit Lanzarote again as we do eveyr year but will not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2008
4  Thank Freelander007
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Spent an enjoyable week here in May. We found the hotel was in an excellent position in a quiet spot well away from any noise but in easy walking distance of bars and restaurants. When we were there the hotel had mainly older guets staying there.
We agree with some of the other reviewers that some of the rooms have very little sea view. However who wants to sit on plastic chairs on the balcony when there are much pleasanter places to sit around the hotel and garden.
We found the staff very helpful and courteous at all times. Our room was well maintained and furnished in a more traditional style.I/t was on the ground floor overlooking the garden. We had sun in the morning but it was quite dark in the afternoon. The balcony overlooked a small garden. Bathroom was a decent size and toiletries replaced regularly. If we went again we would request a room on a higher floor.
You have to pay to hire the fridge/minibar in the room. You can pay and have coffee/tea facilities as well. If you want to use it as a minibar you have to buy at least 24euros of drinks from a list. you are then given a key to open the fridge. We didn't like this.
There was a large variety of food at both breakfast and dinner. In the evening as well as the normal buffet there was a separate area where the chef cooked a different international dish each evening e.g. Chinese, Indian, Italian,Spanish........
We normally go in an apartment in Lanzarote and eat out. This was a late half board package deal so we went with the intention of dining out. but after trying the food on our first evening we only went out once.
When we were there the road was completely up and being repaired from just past the hotel all the way down the front of Playa de los Pocillos to Matagorda. Looks like it will go on for weeks. However it is still possible to walk in that direction as it is all beautifully landscaped at the side of Pocillos beach.
We did not use the bar but there was entertainment each evening.It seemed very popular as it was always full.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank penstemon
Reviewed 5 June 2008

My husband and I have just spent a week at the San Antonio Hotel It is situated in a good location away from all the hustle and bustle of Del Carmen, walk to the right when you come out of the hotel the beaches and walks are peaceful and clean we enjoyed that. The Hotel rooms need to be refurbished our bathroom had an horrid smell of urine the carpet was not clean the patio door would not lock, the pillows on the bed smelt of sweat but the sheets were clean.We had to pay extra for the fridge.We also payed extra for a sea view the view was exellent but we never at any time of the day had any sun on the balcony, you had the stand up to see over the balcony when you sat down on the white plastic chairs you could see nothing but reinforced dirty looking glass,So we had no pleasure sitting in the sun looking out to sea with a nice glass of wine in our hands. There was a good selection of food in the restaurant,but check it before you eat it, the second day I was there I found a cockroach in my salad ,I called the waiter she took it from me and said go and get another one, then came the head waiter and he just apologized and walked away, needless to say I was put off the food for the rest of the week .I am pleased we only went for one week,We will not be going back to this hotel I feel sick thinking about

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank millyC
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We have just returned from the Hotel San Antonio where we spent an enjoyable two weeks. The only thing we did not like about the hotel was small bathroom and the bedroom too was a bit small for a 4 Star Hotel. By the way contrary to the previous review, not all rooms have a sea vies. We had a room overlooking the garden, with a very tiny corner glimpse of the sea through the trees. They described this room as having “partial sea view” – so partial that you almost missed it.

We found all the staff, reception, dining room, bars, maids, etc. to be very friendly and pleasant. The prices in the bar and snack bar were a bit expensive especially with the poor Euro exchange rates. We found cheaper cafes and bars a short walk from the hotel.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is close enough to the busy Puerto del Carmen, whilst being in a quiet location.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple