stayed first week of June 2014.
Rooms good size - bathrooms huge with great hairdryer and always plenty hot water - lovely big fresh towels every day.
Maid service everyday.
Kitchen area very compact - but had kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge, hob and range of cooking utensils/plates - plenty to do breakfast or lunch.
TV had about 8 English speaking channels
Balcony - small and ours never had any sunshine.
Public areas were nice and clean - the staff work hard to maintain it every day.
Range of usual entertainment. Local area is really nice - sits right on the beach and close to shops, bars and restaurants. Was 30 minute walk to Puerto Del Carmen, 5 euro in taxi down to harbour/big shopping centre, 4 euro to Rancho Park Texas and 11 euro to airport.
Helpful staff - reception would always phone taxis, resolve queries and help you out anytime. We arrived very early and were allocated our room within an hour (11/2 hours before official time).
There is also self service laundry - detergent included in the price - 5 euro for washing machine and 4 euro for tumble dryer - not too bad.
The negatives - other guests - the sun lounger reserving is unbelievable - even though the hotel has a no reserving of sunbeds policy - this was never enforced with some people putting towels out before 8am and some sun loungers sitting reserved until late afternoon - I felt like throwing all the towels in to the pool. Litter louts were out too ... even thought the pool areas were surrounded by a range of bins as the hotel tries to promote re-cycling. It was also a bit pricey for drinks - 2 euro 40 for a very small lager/shandy.
Over all - good place, excellent value for money and we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the oceanfront at Lanzarote's Matagorda Beach, with direct beach access, Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has 3 outdoor swimming pools, gardens, a tennis court and a gym. All air-conditioned accommodation has a balcony, most with ocean views. All rooms at the Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive are bright and functional, with a 39-inch TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some accommodation also offers a microwave, fridge and kettle. The Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has an international buffet restaurant, and a tapas and sushi bar. Drinks are served at the pool bar and lobby bars. An entertainment programme for adults and children over 5 is provided, while the property also includes a kids club and adventure playground. All-inclusive rates include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Puerto del Carmen is only 3 km from the hotel, and Lanzarote Airport is 5 km away. Free public parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Melia, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel
- Hotel Sol Lanzarote
- Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive Puerto Del Carmen