“Very nice”

Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Ranked #30 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 10 June 2014

stayed first week of June 2014.

Rooms good size - bathrooms huge with great hairdryer and always plenty hot water - lovely big fresh towels every day.
Maid service everyday.
Kitchen area very compact - but had kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge, hob and range of cooking utensils/plates - plenty to do breakfast or lunch.
TV had about 8 English speaking channels
Balcony - small and ours never had any sunshine.
Public areas were nice and clean - the staff work hard to maintain it every day.
Range of usual entertainment. Local area is really nice - sits right on the beach and close to shops, bars and restaurants. Was 30 minute walk to Puerto Del Carmen, 5 euro in taxi down to harbour/big shopping centre, 4 euro to Rancho Park Texas and 11 euro to airport.
Helpful staff - reception would always phone taxis, resolve queries and help you out anytime. We arrived very early and were allocated our room within an hour (11/2 hours before official time).
There is also self service laundry - detergent included in the price - 5 euro for washing machine and 4 euro for tumble dryer - not too bad.
The negatives - other guests - the sun lounger reserving is unbelievable - even though the hotel has a no reserving of sunbeds policy - this was never enforced with some people putting towels out before 8am and some sun loungers sitting reserved until late afternoon - I felt like throwing all the towels in to the pool. Litter louts were out too ... even thought the pool areas were surrounded by a range of bins as the hotel tries to promote re-cycling. It was also a bit pricey for drinks - 2 euro 40 for a very small lager/shandy.

Over all - good place, excellent value for money and we would go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bettyfithey
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear bettyfithey,

Thank you so much for your comments, both positive and negative. Overall I am happy that you had a very nice holiday with us. In regards to the sunbeds, it is true the best spots are taken for all those bad mannered guests who do not care about our signs. I am sorry for that, however you can always request an extra sunbed to our lifeguard. Until the summer comes due to big families, we always have enough sunbeds for all residents in the hotel.
If you decide to visit us again, why don´t you try one of our south facing rooms with sea view ? Plenty of sun in the balcony.

We hope to have you back again and best regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my partner visited this hotel in September 2013 and it has to have been the most amazing unforgettable holiday we could have wished for.

The hotel is just beautiful the location is perfect, no long wait on the coach. Step outside and you are exactly where you need to be. The beach is amazing.

This has to be the best hotel for entertainment me stayed in every night and enjoyed our all inclusive drinks! This coming from two 21 years old explains this hotel is the place to be.

Food was lovely a lot more then what we expected for our money.

We return on the 28th June for a week to celebrate his birthday and can not wait :) would love to surprise him with some balloons and a banner in his room on his birthday so if anyone has an email address for the hotel please let me know. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Becky W

Dear Becky W,

Please write to Calidad.sol.lanzarote@melia.com
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed and that you are coming back very soon! As you mentioned our value for money is outstanding and I am glad you recognized it. I agree with your opinion about our location and entertainment.

Looking forward to hear from you and see you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a great hotel, with good facilities and entertainment. We enjoyed our stay very much and the staff were very nice, especially Renee in the resturaunt who was very polite. The only downfall with the hotel was the food, which was cold most of the time. I think the reason for this was because they did not bother to keep the steam going in the serving counter, and on our last day we went down for an early breakfast half an hour before they opened and the food was already in the serving trays with no steam going. Apart from that, as I said, We had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony B,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to know the most important for us which is that you had a good time and you think the hotel is great. I am sorry though about your opinion of the food. This type of comments push us to become better day after day.
Please note we use a hot water bath for all hot containers but depending on rotation and the type of product then it can turn out to be warm instead of hot. In any case you have available our microwave close to the bread selection if you prefer to have your food hotter.

As I said, thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back very soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

On arrival, our room had not been cleaned properly. We only had one chair in the apartment and one patio chair outside. That seems weird in an apartment meant that could sleep four adults. We were told we could request a sea view on booking and that we'd get one depending on availability, but when we got to the hotel it was clear we would never have been given a sea view without paying extra. Fine, I have no problem with a hotel charging extra for a sea view, but I would rather they be upfront about that. (To be fair, we booked through a travel agent, and it is possible that the hotel made this clear to the agent but the agent did not pass it on to us.) We had to pay extra (nearly €40 for a week) to use our room safe. Neither I nor my friend could ever recall having to pay extra to use the safe in a hotel room. WiFi was also available but very expensive. This was my third time in the Puerto Del Carmen area and these were the least helpful front desk staff I have encountered. The location of the hotel is really good, right on the beach. The pool area is nice, well-maintained and there always seemed to be fun activities going on for kids. The gym looked decent enough, but I didn't use it because, again, it cost extra. I really enjoyed the massage and found it good value. Overall, there's nothing really wrong with this place, but I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Smags_11,

My apologies first of all for any inconvenience that we may have caused to you during your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.
Please note we charge sea view and so it is advertised in our website. I am sorry that you brought a wrong expectation from the beginning, might be by the travel agent, but it wouldn’t be fair to provide a sea view room without any reason for all those guests willing to pay.
I would like to clarify as well that you did not provided correct information. Renting the safe costs 18€ per week (not 40€) and the gym is completely free for all residents of the hotel. You just need to ask at reception the key to be activated.

My apologies for the impression you got about our front desk. I will pass your comments onto them to have them into consideration for the future.
On the other hand I am happy that you found the hotel in a good location and you liked our pool area and activities.

We hope you reconsider to visit us again. You are very welcome to come back.

Our best Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 14 days and enjoyed all of them. The welcome from reception was tremendous. The room was very nice. Only the bathroon let it down. It needed updating bath was badly damaged but ok for a shower. We had a great room overlooking the pools and beach. The pools were very cold to swim in. The weather was hot with a strong breeze which cooled us down instead of swimming. I did go swimming 4 times and after initial entry the pool was lovely, clean
and fresh. The beach and outside the hotel is wonderful for walking. Nearby shops plentiful and not busy. Not very touristy. The food was lovely plenty to choose from and a good variety. The whole holiday was easily enjoyable. All the staff were very friendly professional and efficient, to be honest they made the holiday a joy. I would definitely go again and take the grandchildren as it is a great venue for children.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank annwebber1
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Annwebber1,

It is great to read your praising words, particularly those at the end about our staff. Thank you so much! I am very happy to know about your lovely holiday and the fact that we made it possible for you.

We hope you decide to come back with us very soon!

Our best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Where will I start.
The location is superb right on the beach.
Shops bars and wonderful restraunts on site and also within a few minutes walk from hotel entrance.
The staff are really friendly and helpfull.
Bus stop only a few hundred meters away.
Like I said this is the place to stay and I will definitaly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank luckeyguy

Dear luckeyguy,

Short description and very rewarding! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
We feel extremely happy to know we made of your holiday a special one.

We wait for your soon return

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in February, for a week of sun and relaxation. Unfortunately the weather was terrible and there was no occasion for sunbathing all week. Our package was room only, and there were good facilities (including kettle and toaster) in the room to prepare light meals and snacks.

Sol Lanzarote is very close to the airport but there was no disturbance from the planes. It is also situated just off the paseo maritimo. I walked into the centre of playa del carmen most days to give me something to do, it is a pleasant, but long (1hour) walk. Please bear this in mind as taxis are not cheap.

My major disappointment was the gym was not of the quality described. As the weather was very wet, it left the paseo maritimo slippy, unsuitable for a run. A working treadmill in the gym would have been ideal but it was out of order for the whole of my stay.

If I were to return to Lanzarote I would probably stay closer to the town. This accommodation is more suited to families with young children.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Gráinne,

I am very sorry for the bad weather you experienced during your time with us, and I am sorry as well for the condition of the treadmill. This was due to bad use of a previous guest and until we got the item replaced we could not have it back to work. My apologies for that.
I am happy though that you liked our rooms. I agree we are very suitable for families but there is room for everyone here at Sol Lanzarote!. You should experience Sol Lanzarote again with better weather and I really hope you reconsider for the next time. I am sure it will be completely different.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back again.

Best regards,

#26 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!